Chapter 7: A Secret Plan

Previously:

Suddenly, the group felt a cold shiver go up ther spines. They all glanced at each other across the hall. What was that feeling?

***

"This way!" A boy called, leading all the first year Gryffindors.
"Did you guys feel that after Dumbledore spoke?" Amy whispered.
"Yeah. Weird, wasn't it?" Parker said.
"Glad I'm not the only one." Tom replied. "So, since we're in the same house... we've got to try and be friends, don't we?"
"I guess. Don't piss me off and you'll stay alive." Amy casually remarked.

***

"That feeling... wasn't very nice, was it?" Terrence tried to make conversation with Evan as they made their way to the common rooms.
"No." He grunted.
"Well. I guess we've got to try and get along, and-" Terrence started.
"We don't have to get along, just tolerate each other." Evan said and walked faster. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Ruby and Adam chatting.

***

"Those two really aren't smart, especially for Ravenclaws." Emma noticed Terrence and Evan on the next floor.
"I think houses aren't anything to do with personality, but how the person perceives magic. Gryffindors - courageous and chivalrous - view magic as a weapon to stand up for what is right. Hufflepuffs - loyal and just - see it as a tool to help others. Ravenclaws - witty and smart - view magic as an art form to be studied and understood. Slytherins - ambitious and resourceful - perceive magic as a treasure to be kept pure and protected." Dahlia explained.
"Wow... That's amazing." She stood wide-mouthed, shocked.
"Thanks." Dahlia smiled. They were actually getting along!
"You know, you're actually not that bad..." They both turned to each other at the same time.
"Here you are. The Slytherin common room." The person they had been following said. The children rushed inside - Draco accidentally hitting them.
"Sorry, Emma. I say, who's this?" He sneered.
"A fr- oh... some girl. I don't know her." Emma suddenly had a disgusted look on her face.
"Leave her alone, 'some girl'. See you later, Em." Draco winked and walked off towards Jayden. Dahlia was confused. What just happened?

***

"Hello everyone! Are we waiting for anyone else?" Dahlia joyfully ran to meet her friends. They had agreed to meet up by a certain pillar every morning, before they went to eat.
"Just Emma. Did you see her?" Tom asked, worried.
"Oh... she's with Draco. You know, we were actually getting along then-"
"Of course she is." Terrence muttered.
"We can survive without her! I want food." Amy said. The other Gryffindors nodded - they had been there first and were very hungry.
"Well, let's go!" Ruby announced.
"Yes!" Evan shouted and ran off. They all laughed and followed him, determined to not be the last ones to breakfast.

***

"Take out your quills! Pay attention, please." The professor shouted.
'Why can't we use pens? It's so much more efficient.' Parker cringed inside.
'Magic school is weird...' Evan laughed at his own brain.
'When will I ever have to use this?!' Dahlia internally shouted.
'They are unsuspecting... Good." The strange, turbaned man in the doorway thought.

***

Eleven Days Earlier...
"S-sir, I'm going to check that everything on the Hogwarts Express is ready for students." Quirrell said.
"Alright. Be back by nightfall." Dumbledore glanced up. He, like the other professors, was preparing for the start of the new school year. Quirrel ran off, nervous. His plan was working! He had recently sent out a message to all Death Eaters, calling them to place the Hogwarts Express was kept over the summer holidays. They planned to meet up, destroy the Express to make time for their attack on the muggle school - then they could seize the children before anyone else. Once he arrived, the plan would start.

...

"There you are. This needs to be quick, before we get caught." A masked man approached.
"Get on with it then. Just attack it with whatever you want." Quirrell waved his hand. A crowd of dark figures emerged from the shadows, and grabbed their wands. Spells fired at the train, breaking it. Wood pieces flew, loud cracks pierced everyone's ears. A fire started, spreading over the Hufflepuff carriage and singeing a few others. If the damage was too great, it would delay the school year by too long, and the children could return to the muggle world. If it was too small, they wouldn't have enough time for their scheme - as it would be easily repaired.
"That's enough!" He shouted. "Now, the staff. Take them all to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters - tied up and gagged. Knock them out for a bit." A few Death Eaters ran off.
"Do you remember your orders?" He said to the remaining masks.
"Yes. Go to the school, tie up the students and teachers, obliviate them and report back with the children." One repeated.
"Good. Now go!" Quirrell smiled to himself. This was going better than anticipated. They all left on brooms.
"We've done it. Nearly there..."

***

Present Day...
"Class dismissed!"
"That was actually pretty fun. Quills are still useless, though." Parker met Dahlia in the hall.
"You really are upset about that. Just go and tell Dumbledore there is such a thing called a pen." She shoved him, playfully.
"Hey guys!" Ruby, Evan, Terrence and Adam waved as they made their way to the next lesson.
"Potions next - Slytherins and Gryffindors." Amy appeared from around the corner with Tom. The Gryffindor gang had made friends, and talked to each other regularly.
"Speaking of Slytherins, Emma's been spending a lot of time with that Draco chap. She acts weird around him - we were getting along until he barged in, then she 'doesn't know' me." Dahlia looked concerned as they walked.
"Emma doesn't seem very nice to me." A voice said.
"Hi Jayden. Potions now." Tom smiled.
"Well, this is nice, isn't it? Traitor..." A familiar sneer echoed through the halls as they approached the classroom.
"Blood doesn't matter, Malf-" Ron was interrupted by the large group's arrival.
"Hello, friends! Hello, unwanted Draco's!" Parker smirked. Draco glared at him. Emma was standing at his side, looking at Tom. She mouthed an apology, then turned away. Amy noticed, and whispered to Terrence.
"Did you see that?"
"What?" He replied.
"Oh... nevermind." She sighed. A tall, ominous man walked into the room. His black cloak swept over the floor. Everyone quickly sat.
"He doesn't look like a murderer, does he?" Dahlia sarcastically whispered. Amy snorted extremely loud.
"Anything funny?" The man asked, bitterly.
"Well-" Amy was interrupted.
"No, sir." Dahlia looked at her friend. All eyes were on them, and they could both see the others laughing in the back. Tom had tears rolling down his cheeks, Parker was biting his lip in an attempt not to laugh, and Terrence had his face in his hands. Ron and Harry were grinning, while Hermione rolled her eyes. The man nodded.
"I am Professor Snape. You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making." He began. The hook-nosed teacher spoke in barely more than a whisper, but they caught every word. Snape had the gift of keeping a class silent without effort. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stop death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
More silence followed that little speech.
"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hey Guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Not much really happened, but what do you think of Draco and Emma spending too much time together? Also, Quirrell's plan really was sneaky, wasn't it? Maybe he has more up his sleeve...
As always, this is a joint effort - so comment, vote and follow! Make sure you check out our separate accounts (new chapter of Shadows: Burn coming soon!)
Side note: there has been some changes in the names of the main characters - we recommend reading the start of Chapter 5 to avoid confusion. Thanks for understanding!

Your favourite authors (or at least we better be😉)

Aquarius_Cat 🥗

And

Tinybigninja_123 😇