Chapter 12: Fire

Previously:

"I've done what you asked." Emma grumbled. "Now leave Tom alone."
"Ah, but you see Emma..." Jayden beamed. "This is only the beginning."

***

"Guys! Tom and Harry's match is today!" Hermione rushed to the Gryffindor table and sat down.
"Hermione, do you know what a mobile phone is? We've been trying to explain it to Ron." Amy asked. Parker was using food to show what one looked like.
"Well, it's a muggle device that lets you talk to people when they're not in front of you. Like letters, but smaller and mechanical." She grabbed a piece of bread.
"I don't understand..." Ron said with a mouthful of cheese.
"I think it's best to give up, you lot. He's more interested in food." Tom approached them, smiling.
"Well aren't you happy?" Parker was glad to see his friend not worrying about Emma and Draco.
"Tom, you left this in the library. Don't worry, I haven't read it." Amy have his diary back.
"Match this afternoon. I get to miss lessons, eat more and practice flying. What's there not to be happy about?" Tom took the book and sat down next to Hermione.
"First of all, tha-" Ron had noticed Jayden and Pansy whispering and pointing at them.
"Incoming!" Parker shouted. Amy had thrown a small slice of pie at the redhead. They heard a laugh from across the room. It was Ruby, who had also been watching the Slytherins.
"And on that note, I've got to leave and find Harry. Don't get pieface anyone else!" Tom jumped up and left. Dahlia wandered over to her and Hannah, and said something into her ear. Their faces looked drained, and ran off to Evan and Terrence. Soon, the entire group was assembled and had ran to fetch their friends.
"Guys! No time for food. Dahlia heard-" Ruby started. Hannah grabbed Parker and Amy and practically threw them out of the hall. Once they were all safe around the corner, Ruby finished her sentence.
"Dahlia heard Jayden, Pansy and Draco talking about something really alarming. Tom's broom is messed up."
"How?" Evan looked very concerned.
"Enchanted." Dahlia said.
"I TOLD YOU!" Amy pointed at Parker.
"By who?" Terrence asked.
"I'll bet it was Emma. She's the only decent one at spells out of the bad Slytherins." Hannah piped in.
"That's true, but why would she hurt Tom?" Parker asked.
"Look, all we know is that something's wrong and we've got to stop the match." Dahlia told them.
"Tom left to find Harry and practice. They're not going to lessons or lunch either, so they won't know." Amy told them.
"What are we going to do?" Terrence didn't want his friend to lose his first match.
"I guess we've got to just wait it out." Ruby sighed.
"Meet up here during lunch." Evan left.
"Don't do anything. At all. Those Slytherins will retaliate and any sort of magic you think will help will just mess up everything." Parker sounded like a responsible parent. The group disbanded and went to their first lessons.

***

"So, you've got a photo?" Pansy smirked. They were sat in the farthest, most quiet corner of the table. Little did they know, Dahlia was listening in to their schemes.
"Yup. Tom has a diary that Draco would be very interested in, too. Also... remember that broom?" Jayden whispered.
"Yup. Did you enchant it and give it to him?" Pansy laughed.
"Of course. He's going to have some trouble with flying today." Jayden replied. "Hold on. Traitor's getting up. The weasel's spotted us. And what are the others doing?"
"I don't know... looks fishy. You grab Draco, I gotta talk to Em." Pansy stood up. "Don't fail." She walked off in search of the other Slytherin princess.
"I won't." Jayden moved over to sit next to Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.
"We've got trouble. That gang are up to something." He murmured.
"What? Tell me everything." Draco had a plan.
"First of all, I got E- I... found out that Tom has a diary. Second, that enchanted broom is going to be used by him in today's match. Third - I've got something very vital and important..." Jayden itched with excitement. He couldn't wait for all their plans to be complete.
"I need that diary. You've got to take it during the match. I'll thumbs up at you when I want you to sneak in to the Gryffindor dorms." Draco said.
"How am I going to get in?" Jayden didn't know the password.
"Tom told Emma, Emma told Pansy, Pansy told me. Caput draconis. And what's the third thing?" Draco loved being one step ahead.
"You'll see. I'll only use it if we have to - it only works once and it has a very big impact." Jayden had hidden the photograph under his pillow.