Chapter 11: The Library

Previously:

That morning, Emma went to bed and fell into a sound, deep sleep. The rest of the group were also in a slumber, but a voice whispered from the darkness in a hidden place.

"They don't know what they've got coming."

***

That morning, Emma felt horrible. Her life had turned upside down in a heartbeat - but it hadn't turned this bad. Tom wouldn't talk to her, much less look at her; it was as if he had shattered into a million tiny, sharp pieces... but she wouldn't dare talk to him back, not with Draco around.
The Slytherins and Gryffindors had entered the great hall at the same time. Parker glanced at Dahlia and smiled, she glanced back and blushed. The large oak doors flung wide open, and.... Suddenly, the whole Hall erupted in applause, all except the Slytherins. Evan had walked in, fully healed and grinning gratefully. The blonde Hufflepuff, rushed and gave him a tight hug.
"You're okay!" Ruby squealed.
"Well, I did say I would come back tomorrow, didn't I?" Evan reminded her.
"Now, everyone calm down!" Proffesor Mcgonagall called.
Soon, the hall quietened down to a regular chatter.
"That duel was fake!" Harry moaned to Parker.
"What happened?" Amy asked, curiously.
"Well, Malfoy challenged Harry to a duel," Ron started. "We went to the meeting place, and he wasn't there! He just wanted us to get in trouble!"
"But we did find something while escaping Filch." Hermione joined the conversation. "It was a-"
"Bloody three-headed dog!" Ron interrupted, which made Hermione stand up in a huff, she stood up and turned left heading to the library, "Hermione said she'd rather die than get expelled. She needs to sort out her priorities." He said again, piling his plate with bacon.
"Hey! I wanted those." Amy argued at Ron for taking it all. "Did you want any, Tom?" She poked him with a carrot.
"No thanks," His eyes were planted on Emma and Draco talking, "You can have them."
"But you love bacon!" Parker tapped his shoulder, glancing in the direction he was looking. "Ah, I see."
"Guys, look!" Hannah called across the room.
Hedwig, Harry's Owl, and Tom's cat Pumpkin had arrived into the hall. They were both carrying long, brown packages. Hedwig landed on Harry's arm whereas Pumpkin jumped softly on Tom's lap. Her creamy orange face rubbed against his hand, affectionally.
"What are those packages?" Terrence asked. He had walked over with Evan, Ruby and Hannah.
"Open it!" Ron suggested.
Slowly, Tom and Harry tore away the brown wrapping paper. Underneath the brown, outer-layer was a broom, but not any broom...
"A Nimbus 2000!" Seamus Finnigan gasped in amazement.
"It's a miracle!" Neville stared in shock.
"You did great, mate. What are the possibilities?" Terrence patted Tom's back.
"Yeah I guess," Tom smiled happily.
"I can't believe it - Tom smiled!" Amy felt the wooden handle of the broom. "Something feels wrong with your broom..."
"Why?" Hannah, "It looks completely fine to me."
"Yeah something doesn't feel right..." Dahlia wandered over. "We should get that broom checked."
"You must be kidding," Tom joked. "It takes a week to get a broom checked. And there's a match in two days."
"He's right." Parker agreed.
"First lesson starts soon," Ruby remembered. "Meet by the pillar after lessons are over."
"You can count on me." Dahlia said.
"But there's only one of you," Parker joked.
"You can count on me - like one, two, three, I'll be there... and I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two and you'll be there... because that's what friends are supposed to do." Amy recited the lyrics as she wandered off.
The group laughed and went there separate ways. On the other side of the hall, two Slytherins stared at the large group leave. Evan glanced at them and smiled, and as if on cue Jayden stood up and went over to Draco, Emma and Pansy.
"May I borrow Emma for few clicks?" Jayden slyly approached the Slytherin royalty.
"Sure." The platinum blonde said. "You go, Em. I have some things to do."
Draco stood up and turned to the left corridor.
"Draco would never go to the library. He's obviously up to something." Pansy stated suspiciously. She stood up and followed him.
"What do you want Jayden?" Emma grumbled. "Another picture?"
"Actually..." Jayden smirked maliciously. "I have one." He waved a photo underneath Emma's chin tentatively. "All I need is your help."
"And what makes you think I'll help you?" Emma spat.
"Becuase I have a photo that will ruin your whole reputation with Draco and being in this house." Jayden threatened. Emma shivered at the thought, she didn't want to be the only one left out... again. Who knew such awful consequences would come from hugging an old friend?
"What do you want?" Emma asked coldly.
"I need your help." Jayden smiled wickedly. "And there's no turning back."