Chapter 15: A Talk With The Headmaster

Previously:

"It is Proffesor Dumbdore to you." The Headmaster said from behind his desk. "I did say two weeks, but it seems like time is against us."

***

"Sorry, sir." Parker turned around, startled and embarrassed.
"Now - all of you, please take a seat." Dumbledore's robes gently swished as he returned to his chair, carefully watching them as he did so. The group of eight sat themselves down in front of the large, wooden desk. It contained many wonderous and strange things, but in the corner of Terrence's eye he had spotted a tatty hat that stood out.
"As you may know..." The Headmaster began. "You've all been through the same scenario to sit where you are now."
"Yes?" Evan raised his eyebrow, curiously.
"However, you are the only children that have escaped the Death Eaters." The bearded man continued. "This means you have to tell me everything that happened, including the tiniest details. Begin from the start of the day and end when you managed to escape, please."

***

"Well, it started when me and Amy were racing to the gates. It was a perfect autumn day - when the leaves reach up to your ankle, the sky's blue and it's not too cold." Ruby started, smiling at her description. Strangely, remembering that day did not disturb any of the children. Normally, one would think a traumatic event like that should scare children their age and deter them from staying associated with that world, but apparently not. The memories were not tainted with fear, and this was extremely unusual. Albus was very confused at this. They should be nervous and worried, thinking back to this time.
"Soon after, we were talking about how year six would be great for everyone - then our friends, Kiki and Wendy, came over." The blonde girl finished.
"I was playing 'it' with Evan until the gates opened, then we all met in class." Dahlia explained her perspective.
"That's when we came in," Tom interrupted. "Terrence, Emma, Parker, and I were new students after school. Emma went to go join some girl gang in the corner, while us boys were just chatting about our classmates... then the teacher called the register."
"As soon as it was silent we heard a scream from the corridor and glass smashed onto the floor." Evan continued the story. "Everyone was panicking - it was awful. Most of the class escaped but then two burly men in black were blocking the door to the playground, so we couldn't escape outside. There were about fourteen of us left."

***

"So we all ran into the corridor instead. The others got out through the main doors to the building, and we were behind. I fell and pushed us all into an open cupboard." Emma hung her head in shame. The others jolted their heads to face her. The Slytherin princess admitted one of her mistakes - it was a miracle.
"We decided to stay inside and wait until they all passed. After that, we all introduced ourselves. I wouldn't say it was the best time, but we all thought we'd die anyways. Then we heard heavy footsteps and some deep voices on the other side of the door - they used Colloportus on it."
"It took about half an hour, but there was a loud knock and the door flew open. We were saved by Hagrid." Parker carried on the next part. "After accepting the fact he wasn't going to hurt us, we rushed outside and hid under the outdoor staircase."
"When we checked around the corner, we saw some students tied up - they were terrified. It was horrible." Terrence hung his head. "We didn't know where all the teachers were, but we needed a plan. Until Hagrid noticed something..."
"What is it?" Dumbledore asked. He had noticed that they had been horrified at the mistreatment of others, but were fine with their own captures.
"Above the building was a green skull and snake, flying in the sky. Earlier there were no clouds but they all gathered at that one spot, blocking the sun out." Dahlia described, "It gave us all a dangerous feeling. Hagrid got really scared and said we had to get away immediately."
"He had the right instincts." The headmaster agreed.

***

"It didn't take long for us to escape." Emma explained. "However, it did take us all a lot of thinking. Ruby and I were a diversion to grab the Death Eaters' attention. The others and ran and we soon caught up. Our escape plan was to run to the brooms on the other side of the field."
"Evan and I managed to get there first." The Hufflepuff added. "We went as a pair on a broom and watched as the others ran as well. Amy, Terrence and Hagrid arrived next. Amy rode in Hagrid's motorbike while Terrence flew on a broom by himself."
Dumbledore nodded, wondering how they could fly brooms so efficiently for their first times, especially under the stress of escaping death.
"Dahlia and I got there after that. Some sparks flew at my face when I tried to see how many people were chasing us - we now know that was a spell." Parker was reminded of the stinging sensation as he spoke.
"Emma and I reached the end of the field last. By that time I'd say about all thirty of them were chasing us and had abandoned the other kids. I hope they got out." Tom stated. "We nearly got on the last broom, but one Death Eater grabbed Emma's leg before we could take off."
"It was horrible." She shivered, remembering his firm grip on her shoe. "I hope I never see that man again. He said 'The rest of you may have escaped -  but you are not leaving!' really angrily." Emma felt some sort of connection to that man, but she couldn't put her finger on it.
"Tom threw some rocks at him and then the man let go. We all managed to leave safely." Terrence finished.

***

"My guess is that you all flew to London." The headmaster said.
"Yes, sir." Amy nodded.
"Then, may I ask one more question?" His eyes twinkled. "Did you all feel a sort of shiver when you sat down for your first meal at Hogwarts with your houses?"
The group all exchanged glances, baffled as to how he knew.
"That is all I need to know." Dumbledore got up, and signalled for them to leave. "Now off you go to the feast."
"Will you be there?" Dahlia asked as they left.
"Of course - I do run this school, after all."
As they stood in the hallway, the group pondered what he meant. There was a strange feeling in the air. It had been nearly two months since their first escape, but it certainly wasn't their last.

***

Hey guys!

We know this chapter is just tons of speech and remembering the past, but it's really important and still took a lot of planning and work - so we really hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment and follow. Thank you so much for all the votes and reads we're getting, it really means a lot. We're so grateful for you, Team AquariusNinjaCat. Every time we see the reads number go up, we get really excited and happy. Thank you for nearly 500 reads now!

Your authors,

aquarius_cat 😉

And

Tinybigninga123 😉