Chapter 21: Imperio

Previously:

"Hold on... why would someone move or take our book?"
They all stood still, in shock. Was someone out for them?

***

Back in September...

"The children are attending Hogwarts. You have a chance to attack them from the inside - take it. Use the Imperius curse on their friend, Jayden Jacobs." Voldemort ordered.
"Yes sir. I will not let you down." Quirinus replied.
"That's what you say every time, imbecile." The Dark Lord retorted. He slightly shook in fear, wondering what punishment he'd receive.

***

A few days into the school year...

"Excuse me, Jayden - can I just talk to you for a second?" The professor stuttered after his class ended, making sure everybody left.
"Sure." He walked to the front, smiling. Quirrell closed the door.
"Imperio! Now...  next lesson for the Gryffindors and Slytherins is Quidditch. I can guarantee they'll get into a match over something silly - so I'll enchant a large object to become a bludger. It'll hit one of their friends, then you have to make fun of them; well, oppose them... anger them... alright?"
A wash of calm and relaxedness entered the boy. He stood still, in a trance - unaware of his surroundings. "Make fun of who's friend?"
"Dahlia Williamson, Emma Invernias, Ruby Zalast, Evan Anderson, Parker Ryans, Amy Dacey, Terrence Rycroft and Tom Yates. A bludger will hit one of them."
What the professor said sounded like an amazing idea to him, so Jayden nodded. Quirrell smiled - he had finally achieved something.
"Go to your next lesson and act like you normally would. Then carry out the plan." He said, pointing to the exit.

***

A few minutes before breakfast time...

"Hey Hannah!"
"Jay... den. How nice." The girl pulled one of her signature faces; confused, disgusted - she really didn't want to talk to him. Not now.
"Can you help me with something outside, please?" He asked. The Hufflepuff didn't want to be rude - it wasn't in her nature - but this was her friend's mortal enemy.
"Umm... oh, you know what - why not? I'll be nice; although if it requires advanced magic I'll not be of much use... I suck at charms and curses and stuff. Lead the way."
The children exited the building, and walked down the hill until they were out of sight. The Slytherin led her into a small group of trees.
"So where's the thing you need me-" Hannah began. Quirrell jumped out in front of her.
"Imperio! Act normal for a while... then get into a fight with your friends. Delay their discoveries. Prevent them from ever being whole again."
He now had two minions to do his bidding. The plan was working so far.

***

The Slytherin dungeon was dark and wet. The blonde haired girl's footsteps echoed as she took small steps down, down.
"Hello? Pansy, Emma? I need your help..."
"Who's that?" The Slytherin princesses asked.
"Abbott?! Why are you back here?" Emma exclaimed as she turned the corner.
"Look, I know we haven't always got on - we've got to talk. Can I come in?" She firmly said.
"I don't know..." Pansy trailed off.
"Of course!" The girl let her in, curious to hear what she had to say. The Hufflepuff came in and sat down while the two princesses exchanged glances.
"Alright. So... what's up?"
"I recently had a large fight with my friends... Invernias - you'll know why. I'm pretty lonely, and need company. Also... some revenge?" Hannah tilted her head.
"Well, our cunningness and long lasting friendships will help out with that." Parkinson tried to hide her natural sarcastic tone. "We can eat together tonight. At the Slytherin table, obviously."
"As for the revenge part?" The other girl laughed. "Well... a food fight wouldn't hurt, would it? A little public humiliation and mess would teach them a lesson. Also, Pansy, you need to follow us."
"Where to?" They both asked.
"The library." She replied.
They got up and ran, laughing, to their destination. Ducking under the rope, the Hufflepuff pointed them towards the place she had fought with her friends and explained what happened.
"So, I caught them here after they lied to me. Emma told me what they were doing, and I got mad. Then we ended up in a big fight until I ran off." She walked forwards a bit, then stopped. "Wait, what?!" She was confused.
"How's it clean?!" The brown haired Slytherin spun around.
"It should be a huge mess!"
"Well, looks like someone came along and tidied up... hmm. Let's go to dinner - that food fight won't start itself." Pansy smiled. Their robes flew up as they left.
"Hannah? Why's there a huge scar on your arm?"
"Oh... a lamp smashed in the chaos. Must've hit me." She casually shrugged and walked off.
"No! That's really bad." The girl said.
"Let's see." Parkinson rolled up her friend's sleeve. "Oh wow. Um, yeah. Let's go to the Hospital Wing first, okay?"
"I don't see why, but okay." The Hufflepuff listened to her new friends.