November 2018 Mystery interview

This month's spot has been given to: curlynerd4ever

1 what's a tip you'd give a newcomer? 

For someone new to writing for Wattpad, my first piece of advice would be disregarding all the ratings, views and how popular your works are. I wouldn't aim for a cliché that millions of people seem to like, or target a specific audience purely for the reason of becoming 'Wattpad famous', which is what a lot of people do.

I would actually suggest writing something you genuinely like or have some enthusiasm for. That gives you the motivation to continue with it, and sometimes the books that are different and from the heart of someone is like a fresh of breath air on Wattpad. I know for me personally, I am always looking for a teen romance away from the bad boy and good girl clique. Yes, have some clichés in if you really must, but don't have your whole plot pretty self-explanatory and easily guessable. It's getting overrated.

I would also suggest becoming more engaged with your readers and asking them questions and opinions for your works and taking in their feedback, criticism and ideas and entwining into your own work. Creating a small community with you and the readers of your works really helps bring people together, the story coming along and your motivation to complete it to a quality you want it to be of.

Another tip would be, is don't expect to have thousands of views in the first three chapters. It doesn't work like that. With Wattpad, marketing is key. Make your description the best it can be. Make your cover eye catching. Make the title intriguing It takes time for a book to become the talk and the spur of the community. Books blow up after they've been completed, or during. Patience is key.

2 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

I like that it's free. (I'm actually such a cheapskate it's unhealthy lmao)

My favorite thing about Wattpad would be how physically easy it is to use. With some websites it's a bit too long and dreary and quite annoying to have to click on several links to go to somewhere where you want, but with Wattpad it's simple and straightforward and I feel like that has to be appreciated a little bit more. It also really welcoming with the awesome covers people put out and the orange is strangely comforting.

I also love that there are so many different communities and groups of people that you can reach out to and mold with. I haven't found any mean people here yet, and I don't think I will. Most of my readers are extremely supportive and motivating and without them, I doubt I would even be considered for this without their recognition.

The support team here is also so very sweet too, and that just makes me feel more comfortable with working with them to put out works, and is also another reason I decline other offers, I like it here.