interview #15 @roseflummox

1 what's your piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Well I'm still a bit of a newcomer myself, but I know I would have loved if someone told me that it's quality that matters, not quantity. Don't worry about how many reads you get, worry about people enjoying your story. I'd rather have 2 dedicated readers than 100 people that just scroll through.

2 what inspired you to write? 

This is gonna sound kind of mean, but I read this really bad novel (I won't say it's name). It was published and everything, and the quality just sucked! I thought to myself, I could do better than that!

 3 what's your favorite snack?

Smoothies, if they count as a snack. Otherwise, these chocolate cookies they sell at Trader Joe's (they only come around Christmas!), or just straight up chips.

 4 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

The interactions are awesome! People supporting each other and everyone getting a chance to share their writing is such a cool thing to be a part of.

 5 what's your favorite movie? 

Hands down Sound of Music. I've seen it at least 200 times, and it never gets old. Like I'm so mad that my mom didn't have 7 kids so we couldn't be like the Von Trapps. It's just such a feel good movie, the songs, characters, everything just makes me smile no matter what mood I'm in!

6 if you could gain advice from your favorite author outside Wattpad, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

This is probably typical, but JK Rowling. I read Harry Potter growing up and like it truly shaped me, and I would want to know how she just influenced so many people in a positive way. 

7 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

Chris Pratt. I think that he is the funniest and nicest guy ever. I feel like even just driving in a car with him would be a blast. I would want to go to like Six Flags or something because he would be fun to wait in line with and doing the rides would be awesome!

8 do you have any other creative outlets? 

I have a Twitter, but that doesn't really count haha, otherwise not really. I used to make collages and stuff on this app called PicCollage, but I don't really do that anymore.

9 how would you spend a rainy day? 

I would probably do like a self pampering day, like take a bath, shave, do face masks, paint my nails, etc. I feel like I don't have a lot of time to relax a lot.

10 what's your favorite holiday and why?

Not to be basic, but Christmas! The atmosphere is just incredible! The displays in stores, the music, the movies, the decorations, heck even the commercials all just give a certain vibe that I can't get enough of! I also love winter haha!

 11 how would you celebrate a publishing deal

Well I'm not old enough to get drunk yet... but I would probably go out with my friends to like the city I live by and find something crazy to do. Or just buy a ton of junk food and stay up all night watching dumb movies and just laughing (with my friends... not by myself... that would be weird)!

Request time!

I would love it for people to check out my book Barely Regal! It's a super fun story and I think it's really enjoyable! I'm having tons of fun writing it and I think readers will love it! Thanks!