interview #20 @rameesharants

How would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

I'll probably go out for dinner with my family and friends (after I'm done screaming and crying)!

 2 Who is your favorite author outside Wattpad? 

Nemrah Ahmed, Umera Ahmed and Naseem Hijazi from my own country. In general, J.K. Rowling, Leigh Burdugo and Elif Shafak are among my absolute favorites! 

3 What's your favorite book? 

I'm 'obsessed' with Haalim and Six of Crows these days. But the list is long and people don't have that much time! 

What do you enjoy most about Wattpad? 

The interactions, really and how easy it is to make good friends and meet some nice people here. And most importantly, the confidence and encouragement that one receive here is unparalleled! 

5 If you could hang out with your favorite celebrity for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?Imran Khan (the politician, cricket star), without a doubt and well, I'll just listen to him talk and then go back home and die. Yes, I'm kind of obsessed with him!

 6  What's your favorite movie? 

Shawshank Redemption, Dead Poets Society and Actor in Law. 

7 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follower or comment? 

Surprise? No. Ecstatic? Totally. I think the happiness is like a constant and honestly, it is what motivates me to sit down and write!

 8 What's a piece of advice you'd give a newcomer?

 Wattpad is a platform where you see a lot of famous, successful people and sometimes it gets to a newcomer (although we forget that those people struggled real hard too), and when they get too inspired from them, they flush their originality down the drain and start to become something they're not. My only advice would be to never let go of your originality and write solely for yourself, no readers, no followers. Only you matter.

 9 Do you have any other creative outlets?

 I read mostly or sometimes try (and fail) at making sketches. Also, I'm a quodophile so I'm always hunting and saving quotes!

10 What's the best way to spend a day?

Get up early in the morning and you wouldn't try to make your day good because it'll automatically be the best. But if you really ask, an outing with friends or just doing something that makes your heart swell aren't some ways!

11 What's your daily writing routine?

I don't and I actually hate myself for not having one. I should have a good ol' routine but my brain refuses to follow it. I just write when words come to me and when sometimes they don't, I can go without writing for months. But hey, I'm working on it and expecting to shape up my routine a bit!

request time!

My first book is a muslim romance, a cliché that I'm not all too proud of but the second one (Chaos in the Canvas) is different with some deep insight into the realities around us. It's a well researched book with a hint of quite a few genre out there, mostly being suspense, romance and spiritual. It was a tricky novel to write but I'm glad it's turning out to be exactly like I wanted!

 It was a tricky novel to write but I'm glad it's turning out to be exactly like I wanted!