interview #20 @StarfishBooks

1 what inspired you to write? 

Writing just became a way for me an my cousin to stay in contact with each other. Then we both fell in love with books and would write fanfiction! From there it became a favorite past time of mine

2 who is your favorite author? 

My favorite author? As in I have to pick 1? I'm stuck between 3: JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, and Christopher Paolini.

3 what's your favorite book?

Favorite book? As in I have to pick one? ;) My favorite series at this moment is the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.

 4 what's your daily writing routine?

I'm not sure I have much of a routine. Sometimes I'll see something that just sparks a word, then a sentence, then a chapter etc. Pinterest is great for that. I get into the photography section and just look until something strikes my fancy.

 5 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

This is also a tough pick, but if I had to pick a celebrity to hang out with all day I'd have to pick Misha Collins. I feel like we'd get up to all kinds of shenanigans.

 6 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

My favorite holiday is Halloween. Or Christmas. Or both. I love dressing up in costume, which is part of my love for theatre, but I love being with my family and seeing peoples reactions to the gifts I give them!

7  what's your favorite aspect of Wattpad? 

My favorite aspect of Wattpad is what gets published here. I feel like a lot of the stuff you'd find in Coles or Barnes and Noble is generic and stale. Wattpad has so many new, and fresh, and out of this world ideas!

8 what's one tip you'd give a newcomer? 

Don't write for the reads, and don't beg for votes, follows, or reads. Write for the joy, and for your own personal improvement.

9 what's your favorite movie?

Favorite movie now? In case you couldn't guess, I don't do favorites. I love the Lion King, Spirit, Now You See Me, and (almost) anything Marvel, CS Lewis, or Tolkien.

10 what's your dream vacation? 

My boyfriend and I have a long standing joke about cebus. (They're kind of like wildebeests?) Turns out, Cebu is a real place, and I am dying to go.

11 if you received a publishing deal, how would you celebrate? 

If a received a publishing deal I'd probably just go out for dinner and drinks with my family and friends.

Request time!

My main project right now is Althea!I admit it is a work in progress, I'm not totally satisfied with what my writing is, but I think I have a unique take on classic ideas.