interview #2 @SarahGeorge89

1 What's your favorite aspect of Wattpad?

The people- readers, writers, those who have yet to decide. Wattpad is a place for you to express yourself and not be judged for it. I had my doubts about posting my stories on here but there's such a great community on Wattpad that I've come to consider some of my readers who have been with me from the beginning, almost, to be my friends. Without the Wattpad community, I wouldn't be writing.

2 What's a tip you'd pass to a newcomer?

Don't look at the number of reads, votes and the rankings your story gets. Those are just numbers. Focus on your story, write what you'd want to read, and build a relationship with your reader because, at the end of the day, your readers are your everything. I know I'm indebted to mine.

3 What's your favorite holiday and why?

It's not technically a holiday but I love November 5th, Bonfire Night here in the UK. This might make me sound like a pyromaniac, but I love the bonfires and all the fireworks. All those colors, the noise, the smell... Or New Year's Eve because there are fireworks then, too. Any holiday that has fireworks, I'm there.

4 Who's your favorite author outside Wattpad?

There are too many to count! I love the obvious ones like J.K. Rowling and Jane Austen, but then I also like Dan Brown. I can't always choose a favorite author, but my favorite book is a tie between Flipped by Wenedlin Van Draanen because it's so cute and War Horse by Michael Morpurgo because it always makes me cry.

5 How would you spend a rainy day?

I live in Wales- every day is rainy! In an ideal world, I'd hide away, have some music playing, reading a book/writing a story, and just listening to the rain.

6 What's your daily writing routine?

I'm not overly strict on a writing routine. I like the quiet so as long as I'm not distracted/have people hanging around, I'm generally ok. I usually wing my stories and don't have it all mapped out beforehand but recently, I've started writing things down in notebooks and that's been helpful. I like to have music playing when I write, too- my favorites are Augustines. I tend to write late afternoon and into the night because I'm more productive at night, but if I'm writing on the weekend, I start earlier.

7 What's one of your favorite songs? Who's the artist?

My favorite is Walkabout by Augustines. I managed to see them live a couple of months before they broke up and it's still one of my favorite gigs- beating Kings of Leon, who I love, as well.

8 What's your favorite movie?

I have a Top 10 and the films rotate. The Lion King, The Greatest Showman, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Dirty Dancing, The Raid, The Fast and the Furious (all of them), most of the 007 films, Easterns Promises, Harry Potter (all) and Deadpool.

9 What's your favorite snack?

Fry's Turkish Delight or anything lemon flavored. Food in general, to be honest.

10 If you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

It would probably be the comedian Jack Whitehall and I'd want to do as much travelling in 24 hours as possible. Alternatively, Henry Cavill and I'd just look at him from dusk until dawn.

11 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follower or piece of feedback?

Absolutely! I don't think I'm that great an author so for the Wattpad community to recognize my work, it's amazing. One of my stories was added to one of the Chick Lit page's reading list recently and I found out that stories must be nominated- to know that there's someone out there, reading your work and thinking it deserves to be recognized in such a way, it's beyond everything I ever hoped for when I joined. I never take a read, a vote, a comment, a follow or a nomination for granted and I am so thankful to the readers. Without them, an author is just a dreamer with a pen and paper.

Request time!

Tough choice but I'd start with Hello Pt. 1 and go from there.

If you like a strong woman, a little romance, quite a lot of sarcasm and a happy ending, then this story is probably for you! The upside is that there's a Part 2 and a few spin-offs, so give it a try!