XXVI

The boys were rehearsing when Mr Bang came in. It was only me and Hana for the day since Hyorin and Yuri had the day off. The both of us were working furiously for our own prep work. I was coming up with the UI design for the website while Hana busied with notes to the video production team. Hana goes through each video and notes which ones to be uploaded when, with suggested titles, what sort of edits and special captions to be added.

"Hana, Y/N."

"Mr Bang!"

We hurriedly detach ourselves from our laptops and stood up.

"Are they due for a break soon? I'm looking for the rap line."

"They will be taking a break in 30 minutes."

"Alright I will be back by then."

The both of us wonder what could be so urgent that he had to talk to them during rehearsal, but since neither of us has any answer, we just went back to our laptops and kept working. We will get an answer anyways in 30 minutes.

The thing is, when I woke up that morning, the day just took a very unexpected turn.

"Y/N, can you join us for a moment, please."

Curious as I was as to why I was needed in this meeting, I didn't ask much, thinking it involved more coordination from me.

"As you all understand, the world tour next year will be happening in a span of a few months. As such, even though we have prepared content to be staggered, I'm afraid it might not be enough to keep your presence felt by the people. I propose to do showcases of your mixtapes. It'd be good to since people have been requesting for Yoongi's music, I'd want Namjoon to do his previous plus a sample track of his new mixtape. Since Hoseok is also due to release one this year, maybe you guys can collab on one track and Hoseok can also do a track as a teaser for the upcoming release."

"That sounds really good. It'd be good to give fans what they want and do an anniversary sort of thing with mine. Plus, should dangle the carrot so people can anticipate his mixtape."

The boys start to chatter and talk, discussing tracks that they can do. I have to be the practical one to ask.

"Sir, what sort of timeline do you propose to do this?"

"I would like your advice."

I stare at him in surprise but I quickly recover to think up something.

"Erm, maybe we should check out the calendar and consult Hana on this, she's usually better at scheduling."

"Y/N-ssi, I know you have their schedules memorised by heart. And I think you have interesting ideas how we can go about doing the showcase. I would also like your advice because I want you to collaborate with Yoongi for Far Away. We've been trying to get Suran to guest but as we can't confirm dates, let's just leave her out of it, since it is easier to coordinate within ourselves."

I stand there, dumbfounded, staring in disbelief at what I'm hearing.

"S-sir, you are joking with me right?"

He gives me an amused smile, "Why makes you think I am?"

"Because I'm a manager and not an artiste."

"And I'm asking you to do this because I think you have talent."

"No, sir, I can't do this. I- I have stage fright. I can't do anything on stage."

"So if I asked you to do an actual vocal recording for an original soundtrack, you can do it?"

"No. I - I can't."