II

“No… it can’t be true…”

He had caught your underlying question. Alongside the rumours of the buyover, there were also the rumours that if it was successful, there will be several disbandment of idol groups. He knew you were asking if 5Butterflies might be one of those groups.

“There is nothing concrete from what I hear. I know that your boss has mentioned of a possible buyover. Big Hit is very interested because of the talents already existing in your company. Sung-Ki and Bang are very close and has been for years. At the end of the day, this is a business arrangement. But Sung-Ki is more likely to sell major shares over to Mr Bang rather than anyone else who is interested. I am just trying to prepare you for the worst possible situation.”

“Do you think that it’s possible for me to talk to Mr Bang?”

“Y/N, there’s nothing concrete to talk about now. Mr Bang might not even be the person who decides to buy. There is no one to talk to until something is much firmer.”

You must have looked so dejected at that that Sejin couldn’t help but pat you on your shoulder an attempt to comfort you.

“I’m sorry but I need to go. Take it easy okay Y/N?”

You didn’t hear much after that, your brain was scrambling down the list of names that you can call, trying to figure out the next step. Finally realising that in this moment, there was nothing that you can do and that you can only play by ear.

“Annyeonghaseyo, thank you for your hard work.”

BTS suddenly walks past you and greets you.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, have a good day today.”

Work had to go on as usual amidst the swirling rumours which you and Hana protected the girls from.

The buyover was announced 3 days later.