XI

"Hana, what if we were assigned to them because of the convenience? That we happened to be living in the building that they found to be in the best situation for them and thought what the heck, it should be easy for them."

"Are you nuts? It is not an easy job handling their stuff. Assigning their stuff to some Tom Dick or Harry will just kill the boys and the company. It's not an easy job, but it's just a few steps from what we used to do, so it's just a matter of stretching us to our limits."

"Hmm... I guess."

"Don't be so negative, corporations recognise hard work and talent. Which is also probably why they want you on their team. Convenient is it? To provide your vocals."

"You know how much I don't want that."

"I think it's a huge waste to bury your talent Min... You really should be out there doing this. You loved it so much before..."

"Let's just get the stuff."

We bought bag loads of food and by the time we reached home, our arms were on the verge of breaking. The kitchens in each of our places were too small so a lot of the time, we just left our doors open while we were cooking massive meals. It was cold but I needed to air the place for a bit.

We planned a grand meal, Hana's specialty were soups, rice and noodles while mine were mainly side dishes. Starting prep work today and then the actually cooking tomorrow. Making the dough for the cake, and then as it baked, I made the frosting. Washing and cutting the vegetables although it's not supposed to be good for them but I figured the cold weather and the fridge will keep them fresh enough until tomorrow. The last step was to marinate the meat and put the soup stock in the slow cooker overnight.

"Min, I need to get to the office, the production team called me to oversee some editing."

"Hana, it's already 8, won't the editing take very long?"

"I don't have much choice, they really need me there."

"Alright, give me a call before you leave the place. I'll go down and wait for you."

"No don't, you need to get some sleep"

"It's either that, or I call every 15 minutes. I'll do it, you know me."

"Okay okay, I'll call you. I know it's your way of making me come home early. But you do know it can get on my nerves too right?"

"That's why I don't do it often. By the way, food prep, what are you left with? I can help to finish up."

She left instructions for me on what to do and got right on to work after. I hear the boys moving about above me, drowning out the music I was playing. After 1.5 hours, it was all done and my fridge was full. I finally sat down on the couch to get some rest but there were so many things nagging at the back of my mind that I took out my laptop and started to read up the package Sejin and his team sent us. I couldn't concentrate on it, fidgeting about, reading the same paragraph over and over. After another 30 minutes, I gave up. Suddenly, with nothing that is successfully distracting me, the weight of the whole situation bore down on me. It is a good thing the girls are getting some time off. It will help to recentre them and come to terms. Not being to take care of them directly is a bit hard to stomach but I have a lot of faith in Sung-Ki. I texted Hana

=You going to be done soon Hana?=

=Not quite, sorry, it's really late, you sure you don't want to head off to bed first?=

=It's okay Hana, I'll wait up. Remember to give me a call when you're leaving =)=

An hour... Maybe I should go for a walk. Wearing sweats and a hoodie, I grab my phone, earpiece and keys, I head out. I could feel the cold seeping into my bones and was glad I had grabbed my scarf as well. Humming as I left the building, singing softly to keep myself warm as I step out into the cold, I walk towards the river. Settling down at a spot and seeing that there was no one nearby I started to sing louder. Tori Kelly <Paper Hearts>, Jamie Wong <Skin>, X Ambassadors <Unsteady>, Blue <Breathe Easy>. Staring out the river, seeing the lights across it, I felt the calm in my heart.