XIX

I wake up feeling refreshed the next day, so I hit the gym hard. I do my weights first and then go onto the treadmill for a run. Putting it on 1.5 elevation, I increase my speed to 9.0 before increasing it to 9.7 eventually. Halfway through my run, I see Jin enter the gym. I hear him get ready on the machine next to mine and he starts running too. Sighing because I know that I tend to get competitive to the point that I go beyond my limit and then get tired easily, I try my best to ignore the numbers on his screen. I'm glad that he gets off first and goes about the rest of his regime.

I clock up to 8km and I feel the strain on my heart. I push a little further, bringing the elevation down to 0 and go up to 9km. I keep asking myself do I stop or keep going? I asked myself so many times that suddenly I realise I'm about to reach 10km. Just nudging myself on, one step at a time, concentrating on my music. The moment the number hits 10km, I press the button that staggers the speed to cool down for the next 5 minutes. Catching my breath, suddenly, a hand held out a bottle of isotonic drink to me.

"Thanks Jin," gratefully taking the bottle and slowly sipping it. I step off the treadmill and I realise that my legs have turned to jelly from the sudden overuse. I quickly make my way over to the cool down area, laying out my yoga mat.

He knew something was wrong and trailed behind me.

"Are you okay?"

Looking up suddenly at him, I see white stars spreading across my vision.

Hastily I reply him with a smile, "I'm okay, I just need to rest."

I take a swig of the drink, replenishing my blood sugars and hydrate properly.

"You pushed yourself too hard, didn't you?"

A guilty look passes on my face and I don't say anything else as I start doing some stretches to relieve the aches that will eventually come later.

"I'm feeding you breakfast today. I'll cook. No buts, I was already thinking of cooking, so what's one more person's share. They came back because of meetings and want to come back to rest first."

"I can't, I have a meeting and then I need to do the agendas and stuff before that."

"What time and with who?"

"With Hyorin, around 11? She's been working late and tired as hell so I told her to come in later."

"1. Why aren't resting more as well? I'm sure you work the same hours as her. 2. Means you still have time. It's only 8am. Come on."

He grabs my things and pulls me up and along with him.

I consider fighting him and running off but I knew better. For one, he can run faster than me. For another, he is gripping me really tightly.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming with you Jin. You gotta let me go or people will get the wrong idea."

He cocks his head to the side, "Wrong idea?"

I lift up our interlocking hands. He had grabbed my hand instead of my wrist, for fear of hurting me again. So, he interlocked our fingers so it was harder for me to pry out of his grasp. Thinking that he has understood what I meant, I try to pull away from him.

"What's wrong?"

"We look like a couple."

"So holding hands makes you a couple? I see lots of friends do this too. There's nothing in this."

"Yah! You're an idol. You need to be more mindful of things like this. If you don't fear for your life, I fear for mine. ARMYs will kill me. Plus! As your manager, this is about your image and if you are ever in a relationship, I need to know about it so we can take the appropriate measures and not be reckless about it. It is about your image after all."