XXIV

In the weeks that followed, Kyung Hoon started to be more big brother to me than anything else. He was in town for his business dealings and looked for me when Kyung Hwa is busy. He bought dinner for all the girls and Hana and me a few times. I have no idea what he is up to, but it seems that he has struck some kind of deal to use our offices for a bit. Not that I saw him much.

With the boys back from their break, activities were starting to ramp up for end of year activities. Fittings for their different costumes, the stylists and MUAs started their own crash courses on the latest fashion trends and how to make it work for the boys. Choreos and practices being planned out, the schedule we came up with for the last quarter of the year ran smoothly. Aside from running that part of our work, we still had our own stuff to deal with behind the scenes. With the boys due to go on tour early next year, we were preparing more content to be slowly released online. Hana and Yuri were busy with Bangtan Bombs videos and vLive programs, while me and Hyorin were busy with raking through the mill and choosing the best ways to display, deciding on the schedule. And these were just for BTS. There were still other groups, 5Butterflies, ZenG, Homme. There were endless meetings, endless drafts, endless testing, endless reviewings. By the time I feel like I'm spent, it's usually 11 at night and all I want to do is just fall on my bed and sleep. But nooooo... when it's days that I decide to not go the gym, the night before Kyung Hoon drags me out for supper.

Most times that I hang out with him is when I'm back at the office for the day and I work on the desk work. Hyorin updates most of the stuff since she is more keen on this aspect of the work. I come back to make note of changes required and to approve her designs. Kyung Hoon usually waits for me to be done with that and literally pulls me away from my desk to feed me.

"Y/N... do you think you're getting really close with Kyung Hwa's brother?"

"Sure, he's brother-ing me too. For reasons I don't know why."

"I noticed that you tend to do a lot of stuff that comes across like dates. He likes to grab your hands and doesn't let go of them, he carries your bags for you. He usually waits for you and sends you home most of the time. That's kinda stuff that boyfriends usually do. It's what Chris does for me."

"Oh Hana, that's just ridiculous. How can he be interested in me? You know as well I do I'm a complete wreck."

"I still think it's a good idea to sound him out at least. You could be thinking like this, but it may not be the same for him."

I pondered about it. Had Hana not put that idea in my head, I would have never sought him out to clarify with him. In that way, I really ought to thank her. It really set the whole tone of my friendship with Kyung Hoon.

"Kyung Hoon, why exactly are you spending so much time with me?"

We sit down at one of the places we visited regularly, giving a nod to the owner and without a word, she serves us our orders.

"Because it's convenient?"

I gave him a deadpanned look, "Seriously."

"Because you used to take really good care of my sister and I feel like I should return the favour? Especially when it's quite apparent that you don't take very good care of yourself."

"You're usually better at this."

"At what?"

"Coming up with excuses."

A shocked look crosses his face for a few seconds before he throws his hands up in surrender.

"Alright fine. You make me feel at ease. Like my real family. I'm comfortable around you. I don't have to smile all the time, pander to people all the time. I enjoy my work and doing that for work purposes but it can get tiring sometimes. I can just stare into blank space and you won't question me why I'm doing that. I can voice my opinions with you and you accept them even if you do argue with me sometimes. I don't get to see my family much, and usually the time that I finish work, is the time that you finish. So it's convenient for me. You don't expect anything from me. You know that I have no ulterior motives so you're not guarded against me that way. Being at ease with someone who is comfortable with me, is just easier on me. I don't have to manage your romantic expectations of me. It's a lot of pressure off of me and much that I hate to say it, I am kinda using you as a shield. You already said that I'm commitment phobic. Showing people, family, friends, public eye, that I am trying something with someone, they don't ask much nowadays."