VIII

Now that Sung-Ki has been taking up a lot more of the workload off of me and Hana, it gave us a lot more breathing space. I was cooking more often, trying more recipes. I wanted to cook for the girls one last time before they go for their break. I was able to sleep at more godly hours and wake up in the mornings for gym. I tried to go as much as I could but the tiring schedules always made it such an irregular thing. I started to go pretty regularly once Sung-Ki came onboard, which wasn't much but good enough to kickstart. As I go I realise there was only one other person who went to the gym at the same crazy hours I did. The gym was practically empty, which was why I go early in the morning, except for one other person. I never interacted with him, mainly because I was pretty introverted to begin with, but also because I was usually too caught up in my work out. I either used the treadmill for running or do weights. Running always needed my maximum concentration for me to push myself harder while weights I had to be very conscious of my posture to avoid injuries. The only attention I paid him was how he went about the machines so that I can time my use to avoid clashing. Up to that point, he was just a blurry figure at the corner of my eye until one morning he came in with another person.

"Oh, noona?"

"Jimin? Ya, Jimin-ssi."

"Hwah, you're an early riser?"

"Noooo, I hate waking up so early in the mornings but I don't get to go to the gym any other times. Too lazy."

I finally put a face to the hazy figure as he lurked behind Jimin. My "gym partner" has a name now.

"Annyeonghaseyo, we haven't officially met, I'm Y/N."

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jin."

"Nice to meet you ^_^"

"Likewise. I've been noticing that you have really good form. You work out often?"

"No, not really, very on and off sessions. Busy like crazy."

"Ah hyung, noona is a manager for 5Butterflies."

"Ah al-ess-so. You're very strong for a girl though, you're lifting weights most girls are afraid of touching."

"You have been eyeing girls when they work out?"

He looked so embarrassed as he tried to backtrack so hard. Jimin and I just burst out laughing

"Ah, it's not that, I just... erm... don't see girls working out like this. Yah~ this is not coming out right."

"It's ok, Jin-oppa. We understand."

"You're younger than me?"

"How old are you exactly?" Jimin looks at me curiously

"Oh you boys... tsk tsk. You should never ask a girl that question. ;) Anyways, I have to go, you guys came pretty late."

"Yeah, I had to haul his lazy ass in." as he grabs Jimin in a headlock.

"Haha! Alright, I'll head off first. Have fun!"

Heading to the showers, I start organizing my thoughts for the day. Emails that need to be replied, scehdules to deal with Hana and Sung-Ki. The flow and run of events for the day. After showering, I have to rush off to get the girls to a magazine interview before heading off to the station for rehearsal and broadcast. It was a mad rush. Hana and Sung-Ki went over to the girls' place to get them ready while I drove the van over.

"Min Ji ah! Come on! Your stuff is all here already. What are you still looking for?"

"I can't find my lucky earrings!"

"It's here near the keys!"

"Ah! Okay! Let's go!"

The day rushed by. Driving the girls, settling down with emails while they were doing their interview. All three of us were in the loop for the emails so we did our discussion as the shoot and interview went on. We touched lightly on future direction of the girls, not wanting to bury them behind a concept any longer. Releases, dance practices, requests and restrictions to be sent to places that they will be heading down to for appearances of any sorts. Vetting questions from interviews. Budgetary issues and trying to squeeze as much from the finance department as possible. Getting preliminary versions of marketing materials for the girls to have a look. Logging their times in the studio, dance practice and vocal lessons. When we finally reached the station, the girls quickly settled to get ready for the rehearsal. We settled down with our laptops, notebook and multi coloured post its. Each different coloured post it meant different things which end up on a huge board we lug around to help us see the schedules better. Just as we set up our stations, the girls have changed into their costumes and have trouble pinning their name tags. I could see the fatigue in the girls and they were only going on what they had for breakfast and adrenaline. I check my watch and find that it is way past lunch.