thirtythree

Giselle's P.O.V

As I opened the door, I saw someone I would never in a million years expect to see. A face that made my heart sink into the pit of my stomach. A face that made it impossible to speak, creating a lump in my throat. A face that I was confused to

"Frankie?" I was finally able to get out in a whisper.

There he stood, with his tan skin, his black hair always combed to the side, and his perfect, white smile. Frankie Gomez, who was once the love of my life.

I wasn't sure how to feel. I wanted to feel happy to see him because he promised me we'd still be friends if things didn't work out, but I was mad because even though we broke up, he still cheated while we were together. Was he still with her? Did he know that I knew about them? Why was he here?

"Hey, Gigi." He said with a huge smile on his face. His arms were behind his back, he then pulled them to the front and there he stood, holding a bouquet of roses and a white stuffed dog.

"How-? Why are-? Did-" I stuttered and was unable to form my sentences. I was in shock. Never did I think Frankie would be the one to come visit me. I never even imagined my own California friends coming to visit me. At least not now. Everyone was so busy with their lives.

"Don't you remember we get that week off in October back in Cali? Since you told me you'd be leaving, I've been saving up to come visit you. I know we broke up, but, Im giving these to you as a friend." He said with a laugh as he handed me the flowers and scratched the back of his neck.

"Frankie, you didn't need to come all the way over here. Where are you gonna stay? Do you even have money for food or anything?" I asked as it finally got to me that he was actually here and it wasn't a dream.

"Don't worry about that, I was actually able to save up more than you think. I'm staying about 20 minutes away from you. So we could chill whenever." He said smiling as me into his embrace. I took in his cologne. He was wearing the one I bought him for out 5 month anniversary. It was my favorite on him and smelling this scent really took me back to everything. "So are you free so I could take you out?.. as friends.." he said awkwardly pulling away from the hug. I almost forgot about the movie night date with Grayson.

"Uhh, no. I'm going to this movie with friends." I said. I know what you're thinking, why didn't I simply just say I was going with Grayson? My boyfriend. Well, it's a lot harder to tell your ex that your going on a date with your boyfriend. Especially after your ex just flew more than 2,000 miles to surprise you and many different thoughts and feelings filled your brain leaving me unsure of everything and anything I was once sure of before. On top of all of that, Frankie did know a bit about Grayson. Actually, he only knew the guy in the pictures Dianne sent him. The reason why we broke up in the first place. As much as he hurt me, I didn't wish that kind of pain on anyone, so wether he cared or not, I wasn't gonna let him know that he guy in the pictures Dianne sent him was the guy I was currently with. The same guy that made him doubt me and think I'd do such a thing as cheating.

"Let me come then." He said handing me the stuffed dog and grabbing my hand. I froze. I froze completely still and stood there quiet while staring at his hand. I was unable to think. Until I finally broke out of that trance and looked at him panicking.

"It's a school movie night. You just lay at the fields while they play a movie. And well, its school students only, no guests.." I explain letting go of him. "But, uh, thank you for these. We could just hangout some other time when you're free."

"G, I came to visit you. I don't live here, so I don't have nothing else to do other than chill with you. But it's Saturday tomorrow so we could hang then."

I nodded and bit my lip.

"You should get going, I have to get ready and I don't want to be late." I said.

"Well, maybe I could hang with Jose?" He asked.

"Yeaaaa, no. He's not home right now." I said, sounding a bit rushed. I was trying to encourage him to leave. My number one worry right now was Grayson randomly showing up and seeing him here.

"Oh well then I guess I will go. I'll text you later. By the way, why didn't you answer earlier?" He asked as he slowly began to walk away.

I shrugged and he laughed. He then walked down the drive way and got into a car that was parked right in front of Grayson's house. My heart raced, I prayed Grayson wouldn't just walk out and see him. He didn't though. Frankie left right away, waving at me while he passed in front of my house.

I walked back in and shut the door behind me, letting out a huge sigh. My mom walked inside from the backyard.

"Hey, who was that?" She asked pointing at the stuffed dog and roses and motioning her head towards the door.

"Hmm? Oh, uh.. Grayson. Yea he came by and told me he couldn't wait longer to give these to me. Sooo he dropped them off before going to get ready." I lied. My mom couldn't know it was Frankie. She couldn't even know he was here. She'd freak out about it, want to talk to him about breaking up, be protective and not want me around him, and either force me to tell Grayson he was here or if she didn't do that, she would accidentally let it slip out around him. I couldn't let any of those things happen. I knew Grayson long enough to know that he wouldn't be okay with this. He'd either get really jealous or he might not trust me enough yet and knowing Frankie is here might give him major doubts.

My mom nodded and went to the kitchen to wash her hands. They were covered in dirt. She has a passion for gardening, that's exactly what she was doing while I was talking to Frankie.

I walked upstairs and shook everything off. I was sure he wouldn't be back while I was gone since he knew I wouldn't be home and he thought Jose wasn't home either. My main priority for the next week was making sure I wasn't seen anywhere with him and he didn't come over to my house and have my family see him.

Grayson's P.O.V

It was about to be 7:30 so I decided to just head over to Giselle's house anyways. I was tired of waiting for time to pass so I grabbed the blankets I told her I would take, left my house and sat on the side walk in front of her house like I said I would and texted her. After that, I just waited.

I heard a door open and close behind me. I turned around and saw Giselle walk out, carrying some pillows in a bag in one hand and a black bag in the other, I assumed it was the snacks she said she would buy us.

"Hey, you." I said smiling as I picked up the blankets and walked up to her. Giselle looked a bit off. A bit upset or worried. I couldn't tell her exact feelings, but I could tell something was off.

"Hey." She said with a sigh and smiling.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She furrowed her brows and looked at me. She shook her said no and smiled.

"What do you mean? I'm fine. I'm excited for this movie that's all. So let's go?" She said. I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded as we began walking.

A/N: yikess Frankie's here. What do you guys think of that?