nine

Grayson's P.O.V

I stood up in front of her and helped her up. She was laughing which obviously showed her smile. Her smile was beautiful. I guess I was staring for too long since she stopped smiling and looking away. She then finally grabbed my arm and jumped to her feet.

"I'm super happy" she said as I walked back to the bucket full of soapy water.

"How come?" I asked rinsing off the sponge and grabbing the hose to wash the car off.

"So I texted Frankie-" she said. Right when she said that, my smile faded away. "and explained to him the whole situation and that I never cheated on him and blah blah blah. Basically he finally chose to listen to me and believed me and apologized for breaking up. But he thinks its better we just stay friends for now. I'm actually fine with that though. It was just killing me that he didn't know what actually happen. I guess this was just another long distance thing that didn't work, like you said." she finished with a smile, then letting out a sigh.

"Aww well, at least he believes you now." I said turning off the hose and grabbing a towel to dry off the car.

"Yeahhh." she said quietly. "Want help?" she asked.

"Sure if you'd like." I replied throwing a towel at her then shortly laughing when it landed on her head.

"Hey!"she said laughing as she took it off. She then started cleaning the cars and the windows. I noticed her having trouble drying the roof of the car.

"Giselle, you're not drying the car correctly. You're missing above the windows and the roof of the car." I said stating the obvious to piss her off.

"Grayson this is a fucking truck. To make it even worse, you guys had it lifted. I'm only 5'1 as you can see. You know I can't reach." she argued back.

"Dang! You're short."I laughed at her.

"And you're really tall." she said. "I give up then." She threw the towel on the chair, sat under the tree, in the shade, crossing her arms.

"Let's be honest, I'm not the tallest person ever." I said.

"Well, you're a fucking giant to me." I heard her say as I finished drying off the roof of the car.

I put the towel back and noticed Giselle wasn't under the tree anymore.

"Gise-" I said before feeling a rush of cold water going down my back. I turned around and saw Giselle standing there with the water bucket, laughing hysterically. Luckily, I was able to grab it on time and drench her in water as well with it still being half full. She started running down the street. I was able to catch up to her though, since my legs are a bit longer than hers. I grabbed her arm and pushed her down onto the grass.

She was covered in dirt. Pushing me out of the way, I heard her mumble bitch under her breath. I just laughed and followed her back to my house. My mom was standing at the front door holding her phone out.

"You guys are too cute." she said walking toward us not moving the phone out of that position.

"How about a little kiss for the video?" she laughed. I looked over at Giselle and saw her blushing. I shook my head.

" Mom.. we're not dating." I said. Giselle turned red, I could tell she was uncomfortable.

"Well, I just thought you two were since you're always hanging out together." she said laughing.

"A guy and a girl are allowed to be friends. We're nothing else but friends. And I don't really think that will change." Giselle said giving a nervous laugh but giving me a reassuring look. Ouch. That hurt.

"Alright, alright you two." she said with a laugh and walked back inside turning off her phone.

"Sorry about that." I apologized giving Giselle an awkward smile. She shook her head and smile.

"Well, I gotta get home and help my mom make lunch. I'll catch you later?" she said smiling. I nodded and watched her cross the lawn onto her house. She turned around, smiled, and gave me a small wave.

This girl has me falling for her harder than I thought.

After I finished drying the car, I put everything inside the garage, closed it and walked inside.

"Hey mom. Can you, umm, send me that video?" I asked, nervous of her to ask why. Luckily she was reading some letters and was too busy to even pay attention to me. I grabbed her phone from the counter, sent myself the video, deleted the message and went upstairs.

I watched the video over and over again, smiling like an idiot for ten minutes straight.

Maybe someday, I'll be able to show her this when we're more than friends and laugh about it together. I thought to myself.

Who am I kidding. She doesn't like guys like me. She'll never date me. Oh god, I sound like a girl. I need to calm myself. I thought as I realized how much I was overthinking.

All that was in my head now, was the kiss we had the other day. I had been waiting to kiss those lips ever since she walked into fourth period which seemed forever but really, it was only a couple weeks. Damn, that Frankie guy must've so lucky. I can't believe he broke up with her.

I shrugged and snapped myself out of my thoughts. I was changing so much for her, so much that I was noticing myself.