fourteen

Giselle's P.O.V

"You know what, since you think you're all tough, why not meet here after school? Then you could prove how tough you actually are." I heard her laugh behind me as I was walking down the stairs.

"For what? For a fight? Are you stupid?" I asked laughing.

"Yea a fight. What? Are you scared to do it?"

"No, I'm not. I just don't understand how getting into a fight is going to resolve this problem. Besides, one of us is going to get very hurt and whichever one of us that is, it's not gonna prove anything."

"No. It's been said and it's going to be done. Meet me right here at 7:00. Or you'll be sorry." she said smirking and walking away.

"what the fuck." I mumbled. I mean, you'll be sorry? like what else can she do to mess things up? I'm not even going to go. It's stupid. I walked to the cafeteria and immediately told my friends everything that happen.

"Look, were not telling you to do it but were just warning you that she will do something stupid to make you look or feel bad for not doing it." Leilani said. Bianca nodded.

"I mean, you can. But come on, what's the worst she'll do?" Bianca added looking at Leilani. "One time during gym class, she got hit with a ball then had a melt down when her nail broke." She continued laughing. I laughed along then shrugged. "She freaked. She cried and screamed and yelled at the guy for doing it. I could tell he felt bad but honestly he just seemed scared over her crazy ass."

"So, you're telling me that it would be best if a did it?" I asked. They looked at each other, looked back at me and nodded.

"I mean, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you want we'll come with you and watch from afar and be there just in case things do turn out the other way around." Bianca explained. I sighed. After a while of thinking, I nodded.

"I'll do it." I said. They nodded in agreement with my choice of actions and we threw our trash away and went to class.

The rest of the day went kind of smoothly until people started to ask me if it was true I was going to fight Dianne. I started to get the feeling that she spread the rumor around. Everyone seemed so surprised by it which made me start to worry. What if Leilani and Bianca only said that to keep me calm? Grayson wasn't even on my mind anymore, it was all that was going to go out tonight.

Was I really going to risk something happening? Maybe I should tell someone. But then I'd be known as a coward. But what if I get in trouble for hurting her. I shook it off and tried to keep her out my mind.

Once I got home that afternoon I tried to make time go by slow. Every minute that went by, the more nervous I got. I didn't bother telling my parents. I didn't want them stopping me or worrying about me which would probably make the case worse. But I did tell Jose before I left.

"Come here." I said to Jose as he walked down the hallway. He walked into my room and toward my bed. "Look, do not, and I repeat, do not, tell mom and dad this but I'm about to basically go fight this bitch at school. If I don't come back in an hour, you can tell them everything. If I do come back and it's noticeable something happen, I'll explain it to them myself, got it?" I said raising my eyebrow at him. He nodded. Jose was fourteen. He was taller than me and basically looked like me, just taller obviously, and more tanned and had my dad's nose. I trusted him more than I trusted myself. For a brother and sister, we got along really well. We were always there for each other and whatnot.

"What if they ask where you went?"

"You tell them I went to go hang with my friends, Bianca and Leilani." I replied. He nodded. With that, I thanked him and left the house while my parents were in the back yard cleaning, and walked to school. I walked up to my friends who were waiting for me in front of the gym.

After about ten minutes, we saw Dianne walk out of her car and walk behind the cafeteria.

"Good luck." Leilani and Bianca wished me and I nodded. I was so nervous but it was too late to back out now. I walked up to her and things started.