twenty

Grayson's P.O.V

On Tuesday, after school, I saw Giselle walk to the mail box. I was outside with Ethan so I took my chance and went to go talk to her while I could.

"Hey." I said to her. She jumped a bit.

"Oh god, you scared me. But hi." she said with an awkward laugh.

"So umm, I wanted to talk, about what I said the other day." I started. She nodded and unlocked her mailbox and took out a letter and read who it was for. "So, it is true. I do like you but why did you shut the door on me like that?" I asked.

"I-... I just got nervous?" she said unsure of herself.

"I'm just going to be forward and tell you now, I liked you ever since I saw you at school the day you came. You're the reason I broke up with Dianne. I'm sorry I put you through so much but, I just thought if I told you, you wouldn't think of it in a bad way? I don't know but-"

"Grayson, I really appreciate that you like me. I'm completely flattered and I'm not saying that I never thought about what my feelings are towards you, because honestly.. I know they're there. But you've just told me some things that have made my doubt those feelings." she said biting her lip and then closing the mailbox, locking it, and started to walk back to her house.

"I know, I know. I'm completely aware of what I might seem to you.. But, Giselle, I would change for you." I said turning her back around.

Giselle's P.O.V

My heart skipped a beat. I smiled. Did he really just say that he would change? For me? He let go of my arm and continued.

"I know I've kinda made myself seem like a jerk-"

"Kinda?" I asked laughing.

"Okay, fine. I know I've made myself seem like a jerk and you've only known me for a while but.. I would definitely change for you. In fact, I feel like I already kinda have." he said smiling and looking away from my eyes. I smiled. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I never said I wanted someone to change for me. You be yourself because that's who I fell for, Grayson. I fell for you. It just made me think that you would be like every other guy, but I know you're not. Yeah, you might have some things about you that just, you know. They aren't the best. But come on, that wouldn't be so hard to handle. Right? ' I said smiling. He smiled back.

Grayson's P.O.V

She likes me back. She really likes me back. Wait- What about her boyfriend. My smile faded.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked. She sighed laughing and shook her head.

"I broke up with him because I couldn't stand the distance. A couple days later, my friend back in California sent me this." she explained as she took out her phone and showed me some pictures of this guy holding hands with a girl, the next picture showed them kissing, and the last picture showed them laughing with each other. I was guessing that might have been her boyfriend, well, ex boyfriend.

"Wow.." I said.

"Yeah, I guess thats why he seemed fine with it when I told him." she said locking her phone and putting it back in her pocket.

"I'm sorry for that." I said. She shrugged and smiled.

"Anyways, maybe we should just stay friends? I mean, I don't know, we just.. It really hasn't been a long time since we met and it would just seem weird." she said.

"Okay, cool. Just friend zone me like that, Giselle. After all that I've gone through to tell you this." I joked around laughing at her. She rolled her eyes and hit my arm.

"No but in all seriousness, I know you're probably really annoyed at me but what if I take you on a date? That way, if you want, we could get to know each other better. If it doesn't work out, we'll call it a hang out, if it does, that was officially a date." I laughed.

"You really want me don't you?" she joked.

"Oh, you have no idea, beautiful.."I smirked. Her eyes widened and we broke both into laughter.

"I better go and take these to my parents now, text me later though. Oh, and thanks for giving me a week of detention" she laughed. Giving her a confused face, she turned around and walked to her house. "I'll tell you about it later." she finished while walking. I nodded even though she couldn't see me anymore

"Wait, you never gave me an answer." I said before she opened her front door.

She stood in front of her door thinking. She finally yelled out, "I'll think about it." I nodded, she smiled, I smiled back, she walked inside, I walked back home.