twelve

Grayson's P.O.V

I saw Giselle with her friends Monday morning in between classes. I decided to go and talk to her.

Her friends waved at her and she waved back, then she began walking to her locker, straight in front of her. I took this as my chance and walked up to her.

"Hey, Giselle." I said smiling.

"Oh hey, Gray!" she said with a smile back. That smile. Okay, focus Grayson.

"How ya doing?" I asked.

"I'm actually great. But I have better news."

"What is it?"

"Frankie texted me last Friday, and we both got back together and I'm so happy right now." she said jumping a bit then turning around to take her books out. My smile faded and I looked at the floor. I then looked at her again as she turned back around to face me and gave me a big smile. I smiled back.

"Well.. That's really great. I'm really happy for you." She smiled and hugged me. I hugged back but my smile faded and a small sigh left my mouth. She pulled away. The bell rang, my lifesaver.

"You better get going, see you in history." she smiled. I smiled back and walked to class.

Giselle P.O.V

Well, the day went by really fast if I'm honest. I walked off campus and started my walk home.

As I turned the corner, I saw Grayson walking home too. I ran up to him and joined him.

" Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." He said.

"You should've waited for me." I said whining. He laughed.

"Sorry.. I have some things to do, I have to help Ethan move some things, help my dad with the yard work and yeah stuff like that. So I kinda just wanna hurry home and finish so I could go hang out with some friends." he explained. I nodded.

"Ooh. Alright. Well then I better let you get to it then. But you should text me later so we could catch up on stuff since you've been so busy lately." I laughed. He nodded and walked up to his front door while I walked right next door into my house.

Grayson's P.O.V

I threw my backpack on the floor and walked over to the room across from mine into Ethan's.

"Dude. Giselle has me so fucked up." I said falling onto his bed. He was sitting at his desk on his phone.

"How come?"

"Well, I just really like her. Ever since she walked into class the day she got here. And a couple days later, I broke up with Dianne but Dianne, being a fucking bitch, texted her boyfriend or something sending him pictures of Giselle and me together. He broke up with her and she was upset and didn't go to school that day, I got worried and I went over, she ended up telling me what was wrong and after I comforted her, I kissed her and obviously I thought we had something going on. Well a couple weeks later, today, they get back together and here I am. I told her I was happy for her but I just don't know what to do. I don't want her to think that because of me she can't date him because I know she really likes him but I don't know." I rambled on to him. All he would say was yea, ohh, okay, mhmm, mmm. I knew he wasn't paying attention so I got up and walked to the door before he finally said something different.

"Gray, I don't know if you're actually serious about Giselle or she's just another girl you're going after but I say you should tell her how you feel. I think she'd understand and maybe thinks would change?" he advised.

I simply shrugged. Maybe Ethan was right but I'm not sure if " telling her " was going to make a difference. From that day on, I didn't really talk to her much. I decided to keep my distance from her and kind of just let her talk to me. I knew I was only making things worse for both of us but there was nothing I could say to her without making it awkward so I just thought I'd leave it there.