sixteen

Giselle's P.O.V

My mom and dad came into my room right after me and sat on my bed looking at me. I knew I was about to get a long talk about.. Well.. I don't know, but I did know I was about to have a talk with them.

"Giselle, why did you do this? Are you having problems at school." my mom asked. I felt like I was having that 'bullying' talk you have with your parents when you're in fourth grade or something.

"No, mom. I am not having problems."

"Then why did this happen. You know better." my dad continued.

"Look, I don't understand why you guys are lecturing me. You guys taught me to defend myself and now that I needed to defend myself and I did it, I'm getting lectured for it? You guys know I've never done anything like this so don't you guys think there might be a specific reason I'm acting up?" I argued. They looked at each other and looked back at me. "Maybe it's because I never wanted to move here. Because I miss my old friends and my old school, and Frankie. Everything was fine in California. I'm sorry I'm doing these things but I just don't belong here. I'm sorry I'm making things more difficult than easy for you guys. I'm just sorry, but things aren't as easy here."

"Honey, I know it's hard. I know you miss everyone but do you think it's any easier for us? Yes, we taught you to stand up for yourself but we also taught you to come to us for advice. We barely understand what happened today or the situation your in because you never came to us for help." my dad explained. They were right. I was caught up in my own shit I never bothered talking to them. I shrugged and looked at my fingers to avoid eye contact with them since I didn't have anything else to say.

"We're always going to be here. Now I want you to tell us everything that's going on. If you don't want us to physically do anything about it, it's fine, we won't cross the line, but at least talk to us so we could give you advice. Now spill." my mom said. Right then I explained my whole situation. My mom already knew half of it since I told her about it the day Frankie broke up with me.

By the time I was done, my dad seemed shocked. He had been so busy from the moment we got here that he couldn't really catch up with everything going on. And of course, right then he got a call. He walked out to the hall and answered it while my mom stayed in the room with me.

"Don't you think that girl is just jealous, Giselle?" she asked me.

I was confused. "Jealous? Jealous of what? She hasn't gotten to know me and she's jealous?" I asked. She shook her head. "I'm sorry mom but I don't get what you mean. And honestly, it's getting really late and I don't feel like thinking or talking about this anymore." I said.

"Alright. You should get some rest though. You look very tired, but first you should take a shower and I'll bring you an ice pack and some dinner for afterwards. Your cheek is red, you might get some bruising."

Her hand examined my jaw to make sure everything was fine, meanwhile I winced at her touch. She sighed and shook her head once again.

"Go get in the shower, hurry on." She said rushing me. She walked out and I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I looked in the mirror and looked at myself for a moment. I had scratches all over my arms and my hair was a mess. My lower cheek and jaw were a bright red. A bit of my mascara was around my eyes from those times I rubbed them while I cried on the walk home from all the frustration and anger built up inside me. I was a mess but I ignored it as I thought it'll all just wash away.

I took my hair out of my ponytail and striped out of my clothed getting into the shower.

I felt the hot water run down my arms, into all my scratches. There was a burning sensation but I ignored and tried to forget about everything that had happened today.

I washed my hair, my face, and my body then got out and put on a sweatshirt and some shorts and laid in bed, falling asleep. I shut my eyes and I was out like a rock. I didn't even hear my mom come in and place my dinner on the table or the ice pack on my cheek, until later on when I woke up. My food was already cold though, so I decided not to eat it. I didn't have much of an appetite anyways. I was tired and a bit sore, so what I did instead was just go back to sleep.