twentyfour

Giselle's P.O.V

We walked into the caffe. It wasn't actually that far from our house though. I looked around and saw all the small but very adorable pieces of art hanging from the wall. It was very simple but had so many pops of color. I never thought I would say this but, this caffe was really tumblr looking.

If you would like a better description, it was like a starbucks, just a little bigger. But this wasn't dull. It had pots of flowers on the counters and floors, the walls were a pastel purple, the chairs were high, pastel blue stools. The table were normal black though. Actually, thinking about it now, it wasn't that cool, I've just never really seen a caffe like this before and I liked it.

We went up to the menu after this older guy took his order and left. I looked at it and looked for things that interested me; the lemonade and raspberry cooling blast, strawberry shortcake, iced caramel and vanilla latte. We had came here to eat lunch though so I looked at the food menu and to my surprise, they had so many opinions!!

There was the chicken and parmesan pasta, mini pizzas, different types of sandwiches and salads, even more pastas, and so much more.

"How may I help you?" the lady at the cashier asked. Grayson looked at me waiting for me to respond since he obviously didn't know what I wanted.

"I'll take the chicken and parmesan pasta with a lemonade, please." I said smiling. She nodded and pressed some buttons on the cash register.

"And I'll have the mini combination pizza with a Dr.Pepper, please." he told her. She nodded once again and pressed some buttons, bringing up our total. It was $12:35. I took out six dollars from my pocket and handed them too her. Grayson looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. I laughed and he payed the rest. After that, we walked to a table and waited for our names to be called.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." he said. I smiled.

"I know, but it's the least I could do since you've been through so much leading up to this date." I said sarcastically. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"No, but for real, I'm glad you asked me out." I said smiling. He smiled back. Grayson's name was then called and he stood up to go get our food.

"Thank you very much." I said smiling and we began to eat. We had long conversations about everything. It was chill and fun.

"Wait, you never really told me how you even got into that fight with Dianne." he said taking a sip of his soda. I finished chewing the food in my mouth and began to explain.

"Honestly, I just wanted to head back to lunch but she was in the way. I walked passed and she goes Aww did you and your little boyfriend get into a fight. I wasn't going to tell her anything at first but then I thought, was I really going to let her do this? So I started arguing with her. She planned a fight. I wasn't going to show up but Leilani and Bianca said that she'd probably do something stupid and so I didn't want to risk it and I went for it but it turned out that Leilani and Bianca actually told a teacher thinking everything would get resolved and that's how I got myself a week of detention. And obviously I could've had it worse like Dianne but I had the reasoning and she didn't." I finished. I was so out of breath from talking fast and rambling. Grayson noticed and laughed.

"Okay, so then why did you get detention when you obviously won?"

"Because supposedly I could've backed out and stopped the fight and blah, blah." I said. He nodded.

"Well, I'm sorry." he said.

I shook my head.

"I don't understand why you're apologizing, it isn't your fault." He raised his eyebrow. "Okay fine, maybe it was a little but still. I'm fine, it's okay now." I said with a reassuring smile.

After this we finished our meals and threw away out trash. We walked out of the place and slowly but soon enough, Grayson grabbed my hand and that's how we walked home hand in hand.

Grayson walked me up to my front door. It was dark and we stood there under the front porch.

"Thanks again." I said smiling.

"No problem." he said. Yes, you guessed it. We both starred into each others eyes until we started to lean in. We were so close to kissing when the door flew open. I jumped at the surprise and we both turned around to see my dad. He laughed and walked to us, putting his arm around Grayson's neck. I noticed the sudden discomfort in his face.

"Goodnight, Grayson." my dad said laughing. Grayson gave him an awkward smile and my dad took his arm off his neck.

I watched Grayson walk away.

"Night, Grayson." I said with a giggle. He turned around and waved at me with a smile and both, my dad and I, walked inside and ended the night there.