twentyone

Giselle's P.O.V

I went on inside and walked into the kitchen where my mom was checking her emails. I dropped the letters on the table and walked back to the counter to put the keys down.

"What took you so long, Giselle?" my mom asked as she saw me walk to the fridge. I took out the pitcher out and walked to the cabinets to grab a cup.

"I was talking to Grayson." I said as I served myself a glass of lemonade. I heard her hum yes and I was about to walk out of the kitchen when I heard her ask something unexpected.

"What were you guys talking about?"

I paused and walked back and sat down. And as a daughter does, I told everything to my mom. She was literally my best friend, even though there was a huge age gap, I was her daughter and we loved gossip and telling each other everything.

Her eyes were opened wide and she gasped.

"Your father owes me twenty dollars." she said clapping and standing up once I told her what Grayson told me. I gasped.

"Mom!! You betted on Grayson's feelings?!" I asked and followed her into the living room. She was laughing and nodding. I covered my face. I was blushing so hard.

"What are you gonna do? Are you going to go?" She asked. I uncovered my face and shrugged crossing my arms.

"Look, he confessed to doing a lot of things that, you know.. I don't like. And I don't know, should I go? What do you think?" I asked sitting on the couch.

"Well how do you feel about him?" she asked. I shrugged, once again.

"He's a dork but he's cute. And I'll admit it right here, I do like him too. But if he is the way my head works out with what he's said, I kinda don't want to waste my time on him. But then again he did say that if it didn't work out, we would call it a hang out. Sooo, I don't know." I sighed.

"If it doesn't go well, it isn't the end of the world, Giselle. I loved Frankie but he just wasn't the type of boy he acted like. Move on from him, mija. Go and if it doesn't go well, then theres plenty of other fish in the sea." she said.

"I guess you're right, mom." I said getting up. She nodded and I walked upstairs to my room.

I grabbed my phone and laid in bed and texted Bianca and Leilani about everything going on. Basically, we made a list of pros and cons about going out with Grayson and at the end, we all came to the decision that I should go out with him. According to them, he has changed in the past time that I've been here, and in a good way. They told me that he used to be one of the jocks. Basically from what I summed up, he one of the school's assholes.

I laughed at my own thoughts and conclusions. I decided to give him a chance. And yes, I already talked to my mom but I needed them to tell me if it was okay, since they've known him for a very long amount of time. And of course after getting three yeses, I was still decisive about this. Everything that was going through my head was what every girl had through her head before a date. And the fact that this date wasn't even arranged or confirmed yet said a lot.

I was worried that maybe I would give him the wrong impression, even though I already know him. Or I would say or do something stupid, which happens on a daily basis. Or if it did go wrong how would I be around him? Would be hate me? I was starting to go back and forth with yes or no. Eventually I ended up typing a whole paragraph of things that could happen and wrong to Bianca and Leilani. They told me everything would be fine so I decided to stop worrying.

I texted Grayson an hour later, after I decided and thought about what I wanted to say to him. I know I'm over thinking it but I don't want him to hate me if it goes wrong, you know?