twentynine

Grayson's P.O.V

Giselle and I were hanging out at this ice cream parlor about two blocks away. It was Wednesday afternoon. She had helped me study for a math test I had coming up since math wasn't my best subject.

"So how do you think you're gonna do on this test?" she asked me taking a spoonful of ice cream and putting it in her mouth. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I usually don't have anyone help me study and usually just go with it and whatever happens, well.. happens. But now that you're helping me I feel like I'll do better than a D." I said laughing. She smiled and took another spoonful of ice cream. I did the same.

"So how has your week been so far?" I asked her.

"Pretty good I guess. Oh! I totally forgot to tell you. So we're doing this history project and we need to do research so I think it was yesterday.. wait no. Monday, I went to the library after school, right. Well turns out that Dianne found out about our date." she said with a smile and a I told you so look in her eyes.

"How the h-"

"Grayson, she works there." she said. I literally almost choked on my ice cream. Dianne is probably one of the richest girls in town. She doesn't fucking work. I looked at Giselle thinking she was kidding, she wasn't though.

"I told you this would happen, Grayson!" she said putting her hands on her cheeks, elbows on the table and giving a slight pout. She looked really adorable like this which made me smile.

"Why are you smiling?! This is serious." she asked almost yelling at me. I laughed.

"It's because you're cute." I said. She blushed and softly punched my arm since we were sitting right next each other. I gave her a wide smile, wide enough it made me close my eyes. She laughed when she looked at me.

"You'll be fine, I promise." I said smiling like a normal person. She nodded and continued eating her ice cream.

"Also, I found out she hates me because I'm dating you. Well, no. She knew you liked me and that's when she started hating me, which obviously I was clueless about, but I did know that she hated me for stealing you." She said making her fingers into air quotations when she said stealing you. I said nothing and simply just raised my eyebrows as if I were surprised, which really I wasn't, I was just tired of her.

We both finished out ice creams, threw our trash away and left back home.

"So whatcha doing this weekend?" she asked.

"Uhh, I don't really know actually. How come?" I asked.

"Well.. their having this movie night at school in the fields and basically you could bring your own blankets to lay on, your own food and all that and the tickets are only three dollars each and maybe we could go?" she said shyly. I smiled. It was cute how even though we've known each other already for a couple months now, she still gets shy when she asks me things like this.

"I'd love to go." I said putting my arm around her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Okay, well, I'll buy the tickets then." she said. I nodded and both walked home together.

this chapter was shorter than the rest sorry about that but even though I already know what's going to happen, I'm getting so into this book and yall don't have a clue of whats coming anyways thanks for all the reads, votes and feedback!! xx