+41

[Yongguk] 

  Everyday right before the lunch bell rings, I had made it a routine to quietly pack my things 5 minutes earlier so that I could be one of the first to leave the classroom. This way, I lose the risk of being near Jieun, caught in the traffic to get to the door. I know it's not that big of a deal to be in close proximity to each other, but I wasn't sure if I should attempt to make small talk, or just pretend I didn't see her. 

 I had just snapped my chopsticks in two, getting ready to eat the kimbap I had just bought from the lunch line, when Yoon Sunghyuk slides into the chair right across from me. 

I look up at him uninterested and continue to pick up my food. "So Jieun broke up with you a while ago, right?" He went right out and questioned me. 

I cocked at eyebrow at him. Jieun didn't break up with me, but I wasn't going to say that. I would make me sound like a douchebag. "We broke up, yes." I tried to even my breaths, but it was hard since I had a feeling that Sunghyuk was gonna ask some sort of permission if he could ask her out on a date. 

"So how is she in bed?" He asks. I scoffed. Sunghyuk is many things: confident, athletic, rich, but subtle is not one of them. 

"Excuse me?" Now it's my turn to ask. And I'm sure my voice showed a lot of offense. 

"Is she kinky? Submissive? Every guy is dying to know since she won't go out with anyone but you." He wears a smirk on his face. There isn't a hint of shamefulness as he asks me these personal questions. 

When he knows that I won't answer his question, he continues the talking. "Ah I see what's going on here, you haven't fucked her yet."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to hide how irritated I was. Why is every guy at this school obsessed with having sex? In the very least, can't they be more subtle about it?

Sunghyuk stood up and pushed his chair in, "Well I guess I'm just gonna have to find that out for myself."

Before lunch was over, I went to the halls to find Jieun. I spotted her reading a book by the window and sat down next to her. She looked up from her book and froze, trying to muster up a greeting. 

"I know we haven't really talked in a while, and I'm sure this isn't my place to tell you this, but don't go out on a date with Yoon Sunghyuk." I told her. 

"Sunghyuk hasn't asked me out." Jieun said, puzzled. 

"He might. He spoke to me at lunch. He's interested in you, but apparently, he's only interested in knowing how you are in bed, which is what he asked me. But he could tell that we haven't done anything. I'm just warning you."

I stood up and started to walk to my next class, but Jieun reached out and grabbed my wrist. "Thanks for letting me know." Her hold on my wrist loosened up just a bit while she took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry again, Yongguk. I should have told you sooner."

I nodded my head, which she took as a sign to let go of my wrist. I resumed walking, but something in me wanted to stop and look at Jieun again. She hadn't moved, but when I faced her, she sat up straight. Looking at her reminded me of what Yongnam said. That he would forgive Jieun. I took in a deep breath and kept my distance from her. "So if you don't plan to go out with Sunghyuk after the game this Friday, do you want to go somewhere with me?"

* * * 

At the end of the school week, the night of the basketball game finally arrived. During the week, I've been practicing with the drum line for songs to play while people entered the gym, to hype up the crowd, and half-time. This was the first time I was wearing the entire drumline outfit which I thought looked really unattractive, but I remembered before that Jieun said she thinks I would look cute in it. I started playing with the band as the doors opened to let in the crowd and the basketball team was warming up on the court.