+25

[3rd Person]

"Hey Dohee, do you plan on asking anyone to the Sadie's Hawkins dance?" The two friends were walking in the hallway, when Jieun happened to pass by a poster reminding students that the dance where traditionally, the girls ask the guys, was coming up very shortly.

Dohee pouted and shook her head, "We're only allowed to go with guys from this school, so since I can't invite Inseong. I don't think I would go."

"Hmm. I think I might ask someone," Jieun says, tapping her fingers together.

"Really?" Dohee asked hopefully, "Is it Yongg--"

"Taehyung."

"Taehyung?" Dohee repeated, her face forming a worrisome expression. "Has Yongguk really not crossed your mind?"

Jieun shook her head. "I plan to ask Taehyung."

A few days before the school dance, Dohee overheard some news that she was thought Jieun would be interested in.

"Well I guess it's a good thing that you and Taehyung are going to the dance because I just heard that Yongguk was asked by someone." Dohee informed Jieun after their first class.

Jieun frowned slightly and tugged Dohee's sleeve. "Who asked him?"

"Cho Seunghee. His partner for the CPR thing that one day."

"Seunghee?" Jieun remembered her. She had also taken notice that ever since the CPR class, Seungee would often times talk to Yongguk and Daehyun during PE, even play basketball or run with them. "Well, good for them, I guess."

Entering the classroom, Jieun was walked by the front row to get to her new seat next to Taehyung. While passing by, she overheard Yongguk and Daehyun's conversation.

"Seunghee sent me a picture of the dress she bought yesterday. She's going to wear red." Yongguk showed his messages to his friend who 'ooh'ed' at the text.

"So that means you gotta go out and get a red tie and one of those vest things." Daehyun suggested. "Seunghee's really cute. Are you glad you got asked by her?"

Jieun purposely slowed down to listen in on Yongguk's answer.

"Yeah," He answered unsurely. "I guess 'cause you know, I've never been asked to a dance before, so it's...interesting."

While walking, Jieun accidentally bumped her hip into a desk, causing the two guys to look over at her. She quickly shuffled through the rest of the rows and found her seat near the window. 

While Jieun tried to hide her face, Daehyun gestured towards her as he lowered his voice, "Wouldn't it be something if Jieun asked you to be her date?"

Yongguk's jaw tensed at the idea. "Daehyun, do me a favor and stop mentioning her name."

Daehyun blinked a few times at his friend whom he had never seen angry. "You don't normally act like this..."

It was true. Yongguk was normally so nice and calm, until recently. He looked over his shoulder and saw Taehyung talking to Jieun. He scoffed and turned back to face Daehyun. "Well I didn't expect Jieun to act like I don't even exist. But fine, I get it." He puts his hands up to surrender. "She just never liked me."

Still concerned over how Yongguk was feeling earlier in the day, Daehyun decided to confront a certain girl about it.

But not Jieun. He was too intimidated. So he went to Dohee instead.