+16

a/n* ignore any typos whatnot

[Jieun]

"Hey, Jieun, can I ask you something?" Hyeri linked arms with me, the way she did with Yongguk back at the restaurant. Ever since Yongguk confirmed that they aren't related, her presence is unsettling.

"What?" I replied flatly, glaring down at her arm which was touching me.

"Do you know if Daehyun is single?"

Wait, did she just ask about Daehyun? I perked up and widened my eyes, "You like Daehyun?"

"Shh." She placed her finger over her lips and tilted her head towards the guys who were walking a few steps ahead of us. "Don't let them hear you, please."

I smiled at her for the first time today and held her arm more firmly. Now that I know she's not interested in Yongguk, I will be more friendly with her. "Yeah! Daehyun's totally single. Hey, I can even try to set you up with him."

"Oh really?" She beamed and I guess she's not that bad. "Thank you, Jieun."

As we all walked to Yongguk's house, I schemed with Hyeri on how we could get them together. I did most of the talking, and she seemed to like all of my ideas.

"It was really nice to hang out with all of you guys today." Yongguk said. I looked up from the ground and see that he was staring in my direction when he said that.

I side-eyed Daehyun as he went right up to Hyeri and said things like 'it was nice meeting you' and whatever.

"Are you going to be ok going home by yourself?" Yongguk asked me.

"Yeah, I've walked home from your place before."

"Well actually," Yongguk turned around and tapped Daehyun on the shoulder, "Dae, is it ok if you drive Jieun so she gets home safely?"

'So she gets home safely.'  How gentlemanly of him.

"Yeah of course. Let's go, Jieun."

While Daehyun and I were alone in the car, I wasn't going to beat around the bush. Since we were alone, it was the perfect time to tell him about my plan."Hey, so I'm gonna plan a date for you and Hyeri. You're up for that right?"

"What?? Why? Did she say something about me?"

"Yeah she asked if you were single. So I was thinking you can ask her out and--"

"Oh I'll definitely do it!"

"Ok good. But calm down, don't act so blatantly eager."

--------

[3rd Person]

The next day, Jieun went over to Yongguk's house again to help Hyeri get ready for her date.

She rang the doorbell and was met with Yongguk's confused face. "Jieun, um hi. What are you doing here? Well not that I don't want you here, but..." Jieun thought was cute how he always got tongue tied around her.

"I'm here because..."Her eyes unconsciously looked down at his torso and underneath his unzipped jacket, he was shirtless. She changed the subject and said in the most nonchalant way, "Have you been working out?"

Yongguk looked down at himself and quickly zipped up his jacket. His face became pink and he put on his hood to try and cover his face, "Um just a little." Yongguk hadn't told anyone, but lately he was trying to catch up to his brother is terms of looks, especially since he assumed those were the kinds of guys Jieun was more interested in.

"Well I'm here to see Hyeri."

"Oh...really?" His face showed some disappointment when he realized that she wasn't there for him.

"Yongguk, is that Jieun?" Jieun saw Hyeri up on the second floor, calling her from the banister. "Hi Jieun! Come up~"

"So which outfit should I wear?" Hyeri pointed to the two outfits in front of her while Jieun curled her hair.

"Well it depends how far you want to get on the first date."

"What?"

'Shit.' Jieun thought to herself. She forgets that she can't talk to everyone the way she talks to Dohee. "Um well I think if you wore the skirt and the white top, it would look really nice on you."

"Alright." Hyeri said determinately, "I'll wear that one!"

After an hour of helping her get ready, Jieun walked downstairs and saw Yongguk watching TV in the living room. "Hey what are you girls doing up there?" His eyes switched from Jieun to Hyeri, who was making her grand entrance down the staircase.

"I was helping her get ready for her date with Daehyun."

"Daehyun??" He looked confused and turned to Hyeri for an explanation.

"Oppa, don't you think I look pretty today? Jieun helped me."

"Uh yeah..?" His eyes looked her up and down and Jieun couldn't blame him because she made Hyeri look really good, but he didn't have to stare at her for so long. "But I didn't know you were going to hang out with my best friend today?"

She just smiled and put her hands up to fix her hair. Yongguk noticed that the motion caused her shirt to go up a little too high and he grabbed her flannel that was on the couch.

"That shirt's a little too short. At least put this on."

Hyeri stopped what she was doing and laughed at how protective Yongguk was being.

Jieun stepped in and pulled Yongguk away from her, "You don't have to cover her up. Besides, she wants to look nice for her date."

At that moment, the doorbell rang and Hyeri went to go answer it. Of course standing on the porch was Daehyun dressed in a light blue button up and black jeans.

"Hi Hyeri. You look really cute today." Daehyun blushed at the sight of her.

"You didn't tell me you were going on a date with Hyeri," Yongguk's low voice made Daehyun's blush disappear and he was starting to look apologetic.

"It's ok. Have fun you two!" Jieun exclaimed while pushing them out the door, "But not too much fun."

"Are you staying here?" Hyeri asked me before she left.

Well, Jieun didn't plan to, but then she realized that it was an opportunity to have alone time with Yongguk...

"Jieun, you can stay if you want." Yongguk spoke up. "I mean, we can probably do our homework together..."

"Yeah ok I'll stay." Jieun said, to both Yongguk and Hyeri, "I guess I'll be here by the time you come back so you can tell me everything!" She bundled her hand into a fist and mouthed 'fighting' as Hyeri went into the car with Daehyun.

"So Hyeri likes Daehyun, huh?" Yongguk said as Jieun closed the door.

"Don't tell me you're...disappointed?" Jieun crossed my arms.

"No I'm not disappointed. I'm just surprised. Hyeri was always pretty shy growing up and she only stuck with me. Daehyun on the other hand is completely crazy, so I'm afraid he might scare her or something, but other than that I'm glad that you got her out of her comfort zone."

The girl shrugged effortlessly and gave him a smile, "So did you really want to do homework today?"

"Well...we could do that, or we could watch a movie, maybe?"

The answer is obvious. "Let's watch a movie."

He popped a movie into the DVD player and the two sat in quietly as it started. Every now and then they would have small talk during the film, which was nice. And Jieun almost didn't think of losing her virginity to him.

Well, almost.

She still wanted to get it over with, and soon.