+21. Halloween Special

(((a/n this is basically a filler because i rly rly rly wanted to make a halloween themed chapter. too bad im a few days late lol,. enjoi anyway. this is actually longer than my regular chapters wtf)))

[Yongguk]

On a random night while I was watching TV in the living room with Yongnam, I get a text message from Jieun.

Once I open the text, Yongnam is immediately trying to look over my shoulder. "Who is it? That's Jieun, am I right?"

"Personal space." I place my hand on top of his face and shove it away from me as I try to read the text.

Jieun: are you busy tonight?

"She's asking you on a date." Yongnam appeared by my side again and I tried hiding the screen from him.

"It's not a date." I answer, while I'm typing.

Yongguk: I'm never too busy for you

"I'm never too busy for you." Yongnam mocked me.

I stared at my screen and nodded my head, pressing the backspace button. "I have no idea why I just typed that." Feeling slightly embarrassed, I finally deleted the last letter and started retyping.

Yongguk: no, why?

Jieun: Well if you're not busy. Dohee, Inseong, and I are going to a haunted house bc you know it's almost Halloween and stuff and I wanted to know if you'd like to come

"Wait." I frowned at the screen and finally shove it in front of Yongnam's face. "Does this sound like she's asking me out on a date or just as friends?"

Yongnam grabbed my phone and smirked, "Not sure. But from this text, I can definitely tell she's into you. Tell her that you'll go."

"Thanks for inviting me to go with you to the haunted house." I said to Jieun while we were standing in line.

"Well, Dohee really wanted to go. But of course she wanted Inseong to come with us too, and I couldn't third wheel the entire time, so I needed someone to come with me." Jieun replied.

"Your name is Yongguk, right? You came with us to the water park?" Inseong turned to me and asked.

"Ah, yes, that was me."

"Right, right." Inseong nodded, "Jieun's boyfriend?"

My mouth became dry and I could sense Jieun was giving Dohee a weird look right now.

I shook my head, "Oh I uh..no. I'm not...you know..."

"Oh look, we're next!" Dohee quickly cut the tension as we got closer to the front of the line. She held Inseong's hand as they entered the doors.

Jieun no longer looked that bothered by Inseong's question. Which is good. Dohee and Inseong went in ahead of us and I see Jieun standing behind me. "Would you like me to go first?"

Jieun nodded and gestured for me to step inside.

While walking in the haunted house, everything was super dark so you couldn't really see anything. I looked behind me to check if Jieun was still nearby. "Jieun, you there?"

"Uh yeah..." Her voice was a little soft, and I assumed she was a little nervous.

Once I turn to face straight, a zombie clown popped up right in front of me and screamed. I screamed and stepped back while I hear Jieun screaming too and wrapping her arms around me. Basically everyone was just screaming.