+37

[Jieun]

After leaving Yongguk's house the other day, I was feeling really terrible. Suddenly he was asking why I was attracted to him in the first place and what made me want to pursue him, but there was no way I could answer that question truthfully.

Never would I have predicted how invested I'd be in Yongguk and how much I would end up caring about him through this stupid experiment. If I tell him the real reason, he would hate me.

During lunch time, I was watching my boyfriend from afar in the cafeteria. He was in line with Daehyun and I admired the adorable smile he had on when talking to the cashier. I can't imagine telling him the truth about my early intentions without somehow hurting his feelings. I mean, how could I hurt someone as nice, caring, and cute as Bang Yongguk?

While I was admiring him, I realized that I was basically zoning out of reality as I sat at the lunch table with my head resting on my hand. It wasn't until Yongguk and I made eye contact that I snapped out of it. Since he was heading this way, I took my backpack down from the beside seat that I was saving for him. Yongguk was almost at our table when on the way, he accidentally bumped shoulders with a guy coming from the opposite direction.

The guy was speaking in a low voice, but they were close enough so that I was able to hear their conversation. "Watch where you're going."

"Right." Yongguk nodded, "Sorry 'bout that."

The guy raised an eyebrow and looked Yongguk up and down. "Are you the guy going out with Song Jieun?"

My ears instantly perked up once I heard my name mentioned. I deferred my eyes down to the table so it wouldn't look like I was listening in, but I clearly was.

"Yes." Yongguk replied.

"Hm," The guy hummed skeptically. "What does she see in you?"

My lips pursed at that rude remark, but I simply heard a sigh coming from Yongguk. I looked up and saw that he was trying to avoid confrontation and walk around the guy, but the guy stopped him. "Hey, I'm asking a question a lot of guys want to know. Have you fucked her yet?"

I scoffed and shook my head in disapproval.

"Hey," Yongguk said in a snappish tone. "It's none of your business if I did or didn't. Now let go of my jacket." His apparent irritation left the curious guy walking away with his hands up in a surrendering pose.

After finally reaching the table, Yongguk placed his tray down and greeted me with a smile. In all hopes that I didn't hear the conversation he had just a few seconds ago, he masked his annoyance with his contagious smile. "So Jieun, your birthday is coming up. Did you have any specific things planned?"

I appreciated the fact that he wanted to steer away from mentioning anything negative while we were together. "Right. I was thinking of having a party at my house and Dohee is going to help me plan."

Yongguk hummed to himself and leaned his head closer to mine, "Is there something special you want me to give you for your birthday present?"

"He's talking about birthday sex." Daehyun bluntly stated, pulling out a chair and seated himself right across from me.

I glared up at Daehyun, and I could tell Yongguk was looking uncomfortable too. I cringed any time I heard the word sex now

"No that's not what I meant." Yongguk said, leaning over and punching his friend in the arm.

I simply pulled Yongguk back to sit down in his seat and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I don't need anything special. I have you."

"So basically she's saying she wants the birthday sex." Daehyung blurted out again, but this time I was the one to kick him under the table.

"Ow!" He cried out while rubbing his leg. "Alright, alright we get it. You two are both nuns."

[Yongguk]

"Are you sure you don't want to head home together?" Jieun asked me with a pout while grabbing both of my hands. With a face like hers, it was hard to ever say no. But even though I did want to go home together after school, I had volunteered to be a part of the drumline which was greatly lacking in members.

Actually, it wasn't even my choice. Mr. Choi, the music teacher, saw me messing around in the music room with Daehyun one day and practically begged me to join the drumline. They performed at basketball games, football games, and other school events. Mr. Choi said it would be a low commitment, but I would have to go in for practice once a week.

"I'm sorry, Jieun. I wish I could, but maybe I can make it up to you next time?" I asked, hoping that didn't sound too suggestive.

Jieun sighed, but then a cute smile appeared on her face, "Don't be sorry. It's cute that you're joining this thing. I'll call you later tonight." She tiptoed, but before she could be the one to initiate the kiss, I had already placed my hands on her cheeks and sealed the deal.

I walked to the music room which was on the second floor and reached the door. But by then I realized that I had left the music books that Mr. Choi gave to me previously and that I would be needing them for practice. I walked back down the stairs and spotted Jieun around the corner talking to Dohee.

They weren't talking at a high volume, but since the hallways were practically empty, everything they said was quite clear.

"Yongguk's busy today?" Dohee asked.

"Mhm he has music practice. He's going to be a drummer, isn't that so cute? I think Yongguk would look adorable in the marching band uniform." I heard Jieun gush about me. If I could see myself in a mirror right now, I bet my cheeks would be a faint color of pink.

Dohee laughed, "Look at you. Who would have thought that when you started this whole game, that you would be acting like this and meaning it?"

My eyebrows furrowed and leaned closer. A part of me felt terrible for eavesdropping, but I had to know what Dohee meant by "game."

I recalled to yesterday when I had questioned Jieun about why did she choose me out of all the possible guys at school. She gave me an answer, saying that I was different. I knew then that I only partly believed her answer, but another part of me thought that there was more to it that she wasn't sharing.

"Oh my god," Jieun groaned. "You know, recently Yongguk was asking me why did I choose him. Why did I make the first move, chose him to be my boyfriend, and all that?" Her voice made it sound like she was about to tell an elaborate story.

"Did you tell him the truth?" Dohee asked. The truth?

There was a silence as I assumed Jieun was contemplating on answering her friend. "I told him it was because he was different."

"Well he definitely was different. One of the few virgins at the school who you can test out. Do you ever plan on telling him the whole truth?"

Jieun didn't reply, she just shrugged her shoulders.

I was still trying to process the conversation that I was hearing. Could it be possible that there's a misunderstanding? But what Dohee had said resonated, saying that I was someone Jieun could test out. But I wasn't just someone, I was a virgin. Why would Jieun need a virgin for anything?

I thought about stepping out from my hiding spot behind the wall and walk up to Jieun, just to see her shocked face and see what kind of explanation she had. But I didn't. That was the end of their conversation and walked out of the school.

a/n* I'm sorry for not updating in a long long time, but I now have drafts lined up for readers who are still interested in this book. I'm thankful for you, especially because I know bap/yongguk books aren't that popular nowadays. but anyway thank you !