+39

[Jieun]

So that was it. Ever since that day at the back of the school, Yongguk and I haven't spoken a word to each other. It has been two months already.

The following days and even the following week of me telling Yongguk the truth, I tried to stil approach him. In the very least I wanted to be his friend. But he made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to a horrible person like me.

Word has gotten around that Yongguk and I are no longer a couple. This news encouraged more boys to ask me out on dates now that I was single. But as I have done before, I rejected every single one of them. Not for the reason I previously had, which was because I wasn't experienced enough to go on dates, but because I only wanted Yongguk.

I could tell that these boys were getting tired of constant rejections, so the love confessions decreased day by day, until guys no longer took interest in me. At first they thought I was playing hard to get, which they liked. Having to chase a girl was a bit of a challenge that they were up for, but after me telling them 'no' over and over and over again, people stopped giving me attention. Attention that I never asked for in the first place.

There was a void that I felt needed to be filled once Yongguk was out of my life. I thought about joining a club or a sports team, but with Yongguk being on the drumline which performs at every school game and event, I was bound to see him outside of class.

Besides school, I was basically a home body. Over the past few months, I was so focused on getting what I wanted from Yongguk, that Yongguk was the only thing I thought about. After he became my boyfriend, we spent every day together and even if it was something small, like going to the park,  I felt productive and happy.

I felt sorry for Dohee. She quickly noticed the change in my demeanor after my break up and always tried her best to cheer me up. There were times when she asked me to accompany her to her Associated Students meetings, just so I could get involved with something. I sat in on two meetings where they talked about school rallies and other upcoming school events, but after that I went back to being a home body.  After weeks of declining her invitations to go out, I finally agreed to go to the mall with her today.

Retail therapy should take my mind off of things for a bit. The first store we entered, Dohee held up shirts to my torso, telling me that I should try them on because they suited me. I shook my head and said I didn't like anything from this store.

The next store we went to, I was feeling a bit better and purchased some tops and accessories. "I'm feeling a little thirsty right now. Wanna go get a smoothie?" Dohee asked me, her arms busy carrying several shopping bags.

We made our way to the food court and ordered some strawberry smoothies. As we were continuing our window shopping, I notice a male waving at me from afar.

"Is he waving at someone behind me?" I asked Dohee, looking around for another person who could possibly be waving back.

Dohee looked around also, "I think it's to you?"

The male got closer and I've come to realize that it was Yongnam. Just my luck.

"Hey Jieun, it's nice to see you. I haven't seen you come around the house lately." Yongnam said in a cheerful tone. "Yongguk and I missed you."

I tilted my head, "Yongguk said he misses me?"

"Well, he didn't directly say that. Now that I think about it, he hasn't mentioned your name, but I'm sure he misses you being around the house, you are his girlfriend after all." So he is out of the loop. I'm surprised that Yongguk didn't even tell his own brother about this. Before I met him, I knew he kept to himself a lot, but I noticed that the more we hung out, the more his interactions were with other people as well.

"Oh, well, I miss him too," I admitted quietly. "I'm sorry, do you not know about what happened?"

"Hm? What happened?" Yongnam asked cluelessly.

"Yongguk and I, we--"

"Hyung, you said you were gonna wait outside the shoe store."

I held my breath as Yongguk appeared by his brother's side. Did these two have to shop together on the only day I actually decide to leave my house? Again, just my luck.

"I was, but I saw Jieun in the food court and came over here," Yongnam explained.

Not realizing that I was there before, Yongguk looked at me and then back to his brother.

"Jieun, do you and your friend want to come over for dinner? I'm doing a homemade pizza thing." Yongnam said. I really really missed going over to their house. Yongnam liked being in the kitchen so he always cooked dinner for the three of us. Then after dinner, Yongguk and I would normally whip up dessert together.

I looked at Yongguk and supposed that if he hadn't told his brother after two months, most likely he isn't going to say it right here and now. "I'm sorry. Dohee and I had some plans already, but thank you for the offer." I nodded my head and grabbed Dohee hand as we walked away. "Goodbye."

[Yongguk]

"Why was Jieun acting so weird at the mall today?" Yongnam walked over to the kitchen and took out a tub of icecream. He had a spoon in his hand and ate it directly out of the container.

"Jieun and I aren't together anymore." I finally said.

Yongnam's mouth dropped. "Aren't together? Why? Since when?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Two months ago? I didn't want to tell you because I was embarrassed. She was using me."

"Jieun was using you? No way," Of course Yongnam couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it at first either. She would always come to our house and be so sweet, baking cookies or watching movies with us. This was the last thing I would have expected. "How did she use you?" Yongnam asked carefully, doing his best to not sound insensitive.

"She wanted to have sex with me because I'm a virgin and we've both never done it before."

"So, did you do it? Have sex I mean." I wanted to avoid these kinds of questions from Yongnam, that's why I haven't told him about anything before.

"No."

"So what now? Are you ever going to make up?"

I shook my head. I mean, in these past two months, Jieun is still all I think about. Ever since the day I accidentally sprained her ankle and took her to the nurse's office, I was excited that a girl like her was talking to me. But now, after finding out that our whole relationship was based on a lie, I can't really imagine getting back together with her.

"When I was talking to Jieun in the mall, she said she misses you though."

"She said that?"

"She said it quietly, I mean, ugh," Yongnam hit his palm on his forehead. "I did tell her that you and I miss her coming over, but this was all before I knew you two broke up!"

I was about to just go up to my room, but instead, I took a seat on the kitchen counter. "What would you do, hyung? If you were me, would you believe Jieun when she says that she actually has feelings for you?

"Yes." Yongnam answered definitely.

"Why would you believe her so easily?"

"Because I see the way she acts around you. Okay, maybe in the beginning it started out rough, but I could tell that she's in love with you. It was obvious to me."