+27

a/n* this chapter is ehh but there will be a double update bc ch 28 is too long in my opinion

[Jieun]

"Hey Jieun!"

As I was walking through the halls on Monday morning, I hear Dohee's voice calling my name. I turn around and see her eagerly running to catch up with me. "I've heard some rumors about stuff that happened at the dance. What's going on??"

I instantly scrunched up my face in remembrance of the school dance. "Kim Taehyung." I grumbled through my clenched teeth. "He fooled me with his sweet act and in the end turned out to be the exact opposite."

"So it's true...I just heard from Chanmi, who always knows all the gossip around school, that Taehyung had a bet with Hanbin, Junhoe, and Bobby that he he could hook up with you."

"What?!" I exclaimed in a high pitched voice that made a lot of people look in our direction.

"Well you know how you have the reputation of being totally  unattainable by guys? According to Chanmi, Hanbin and his friends wanted to see how far Taehyung could actually get with you since you two seemed so close recently."

"Ew. Those guys are so ugly." If my blood wasn't already boiling from the second I mentioned Taehyung's name, it definitely is now. How dare they make a bet like that. "Well I'm glad Yongguk punched him in the face."

"Huh?" Dohee looked at me with big eyes, "You're talking with Yongguk again? And he punched Taehyung??"

"Yes." I played with the straps of my bag. "He helped me when Taehyung tried to kiss me and I also spent the night at his house."

"Really??"

"Yeah. I didn't have my house key and I tried calling YOU but you were too busy with Inseong, so Yongguk suggested I stay at his place."

"Hmm. Then I guess it was a good thing I wasn't able to answer your call?" Dohee smirked slyly. "But rewinding back to the story. Why didn't you want to kiss Taehyung? Didn't you try use him as a Yongguk replacement?"

Ughhhh. I groaned at my stupid idea that involved using Taehyung instead of Yongguk. "I know I tried. But when he started to touch me at the dance, I didn't like it at all. It didn't feel right, unlike--"

"Unlike Yongguk?" She nudged me in the arm teasingly. "It's ok, I get it."

Suddenly Dohee gasped and pointed ahead of us. "Look who's over there."

I looked up from the ground and on the left side of the hallway, Yongguk is walking while reading a book and on the right side, Taehyung is chatting with his stupid friends by his locker.

I bit my lip and turned towards Dohee, "I just thought of something." I ran towards Yongguk and tapped the back of his shoulder.

"Good morning." I greeted him brightly.

"Oh Jieun!" He seemed a happy to see me and he quickly ran his hand through his hair to fix it. "Hi."

"What are you reading?"

"Oh, just doing a little studying for Physics."

From my peripherals, I noticed Taehyung looking over at us while Bobby was talking to him.

"Oh right, I was studying a bit earlier too, but it's tiring having to hold all these textbooks. They're so heavy." I pretended to struggle with the books in my hands.

"Here, I'll hold them for you." Yongguk closed his book and willingly grabbed the ones I was holding.

"Thank you. You're so strong." I made sure that I was speaking loud enough and emphasized the last part, just as a reminder to Taehyung who got a fist slammed into head. When I looked in his direction, I saw a bruise on his face that he so deserved.

From behind, I hear Dohee giggling as she approaches us. "Hi, Yongguk."

"Hi Dohee." He greeted her as she opened her locker that was right beside us.

To my right, I could see that now Taehyung, Hanbin, Junhoe, and Bobby had their eyes on Yongguk and I. They must all still be so surprised that I rejected them, and yet, I'm flirting with Yongguk right in front of them.

"Wellll I have to go to the office first. You two should head to class." Dohee gave us an eye smile and left in the other direction.

After being left together, Yongguk coughed awkwardly and hiked my textbooks back up in his arms. "Ready to go to class?"

"Mhm." I placed a hand on Yongguk's forearm while throwing a side eye across the hallway to Taehyung and all those stupid boys.