+40

[Yongguk]

On Monday, I told Daehyun what Yongnam said to me over the weekend. Even with the secrets Jieun kept from me, he would still forgive her if he was in my shoes. "What do you think about it?" I asked him. 

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders. 

"Wow, this is the first time you have nothing to say. Normally I can't get you to shut up." I said. Daehyun always gave me unsolicited advice, and for once when I ask him for his thoughts, he gives me nothing. 

Instead, Daehyun plays with my drum sticks and taps them on the wooden bleachers inside the gym. I was here with some other members of the drumline for a practice on the sidelines while the basketball team has their own practice on the court. "Don't get me wrong. I would give you advice if I could. But I have no idea how to respond to this kind of situation. I mean, who would have thought that to practice having sex, Jieun would chose you! It sounds like a crazy idea, doesn't it? Honestly, I couldn't believe it when you first told me. Ha, all this time we thought Jieun was the sex master or whatever. She definitely looks like she'd know what she's doing and wouldn't need a virgin to practice on."

I snatch my drum sticks from Daehyun's hand and look at him disapprovingly. Maybe it was better when he had nothing to say.

"Ah, don't look now, but look who just walked into the gym."

How could Daehyun tell me not to look and look at the same time? I roll my eyes and follow the direction which his finger was pointing in. Jieun was walking in, carrying a horizontal paper poster while another girl came in with a ladder. It looked like a poster advertising for the upcoming basketball game. 

The girl Jieun came in with said something to her and left the gym. Leaving Jieun to continue climbing the ladder and tape the poster high up on the walls. 

My eyebrows furrowed as I watched her tiptoe on the last step. She tried ripping off some tape from her wrist and stick the paper onto the wall. The ladder did not look stable underneath her, and I'm sure that other girl was supposed to hold the ladder while Jieun climbed. I stood up and walked over, feeling uneasy about watching her on that unstable ladder. 

And I was right. When she tried to step down, she missed her footing and slipped off. I was just about to run up to her, when one of the basketball players beat me to it. "Are you alright?" The basketball player, Yoon Sunghyuk, asked her. 

Jieun looked up to him with wide eyes, probably surprised that someone caught her just in time. "I'm fine! Thank you so much!"

When I started walking towards her, I was already halfway there, so I decided that I would finish up the distance. "You okay?" I asked her once Sunghyuk helped her to her feet. Jieun looked even more flustered now with me right in front of her. "Yongguk! Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

I was about to ask if she needed any help putting up the posters, but Sunghyuk drowned me out with his own questions. I couldn't do anything else but walk away and leave them alone. 

But not completely alone, I stayed within earshot because for some reason, I wanted to know what they were talking about. I'm usually not an eavesdropper, but after this second time, I'm starting to think that I am. 

"Do you need me to take you to the nurse?" Sunghyuk asked. 

Jieun laughed and waved her hand, "No need, you caught me before I could crack my skull open."

Sunghyuk grinned and haughtily leaned against the wall with one hand. No matter what he did, he looked too arrogant to me. "Hey Jieun, do you happen to be busy later? My practice ends in about 30 minutes." 

I watched Jieun as she tilted her head to the side, "You know my name?"

"Well of course. Everyone knows you. I hear people say that you're the most beautiful girl in school ever since the yearbook came out last year. But now that I see you in person, I know it's not a lie."

I pursed my lips together as I observed how smooth this Sunghyuk guy is. I would expect Jieun to take him up on his offer, but she didn't. She said she plans to go home and finish some homework. 

He doesn't pester her to agree with him, instead he offers to hold the ladder so she can climb up safely and finish putting up the basketball poster. It had a small tear in it from when she fell. "So you'll be coming to the game this Friday then?" He asks. 

Jieun sticks on the last piece of tape and I see her head turn around to look at...me? When she notices that I was watching her, she quickly looks away. "I'm not sure, I've never been to a game before."

"No? Well come out this Friday, I'll make sure our team wins if you'll be there to watch."

Jieun comes down the ladder, in the end, agreeing to go watch the game. I frown as I notice Sunghyuk not just looking at Jieun while she's stepping down, but he's looking somewhere he shouldn't be. 

I walk by them as I leave the gym, making sure I get their attention. "By the way Jieun, he was staring up your skirt the entire time."

a/n* This is my first update since it was announced that our angel Yongguk left TS. We all know TS is a trash company but dam I'm going to miss him with BAP sosososo much. At least they're all still friends :')