+24

[3rd Person]

Another day has gone by where Jieun and Yongguk had not exchanged words or any other form of contact with each other. It was the end of the school day and Jieun was taking some textbooks from her locker that she would have to study at home.

While closing up her locker, she smiled down at a text message she received from Taehyung.

taehyung:
SORRY I JUST FINISHED TALKING TO THE TEACHER ABOUT SCIENCE HW. I'll meet you by your locker soon!!! and we can go to the cat cafe together!!!!!

jieun: 
 alright :) i'll just meet you outside the classroom

As Jieun kept her eyes on her phone, she started to walk down the hallway and towards the science rooms. Just as she was turning a corner, she bumped into someone, and her textbooks fell from her hand.

"Sorry." The two said at the same time, bending down to pick up their belongings.

Jieun looked up at the person she bumped into as their hands reached out for the same book.

"Hi." Yongguk said softly.

"Hi." Jieun said back.

Yongguk stood up after gathering Jieun's books from the floor. He held his hand out to help her, but Jieun hesitated to hold it.

"Jieun! Are you ok?" Taehyung came running down the hall and reached for Jieun's hand, helping her up to her feet.

" Oh yeah I'm fine." Jieun replied as Yongguk closed his fist, dropping it to his side.

"Oh ok. Well now that I'm done, we can go to the cat cafe!" Taehyung exclaimed happily as he swung Jieun's arm.

Yongguk looked down at their hands and then looked back at the girl who suddenly dropped him with no explanation. Before Taehyung was able to leave with Jieun, Yongguk gave back her things. "Here you go."

Jieun released herself from Taehyung's hold and took her books. Yongguk's hand brushed against hers during the exchange. "Thank you."

Afterwards, Taehyung and Jieun turned around to head for the exit. Whilst Taehyung was busy talking about how excited he was to pet the cats, he insisted that he hold Jieun's books for her.

--------

At the café, Taehyung bought him and Jieun both caramel iced lattes and took their drinks to the play area where they can sit with the kittens.

"They're so cute. Do you think the staff would notice if we took one home?" Taehyung said in hushed tones so that no one could hear him.

Jieun laughed at his cuteness, "I'm pretty sure you'll get caught."

 Taehyung pouted as he snuggled the small animal close to him, "But I want a kitty to play with."

Jieun couldn't help but gush at the site. Taehyung alone was already adorable, but Taehyung with a cat was like 10x as adorable. As she was staring at him, she was tempted to kiss him on the cheek, but she realized she shouldn't jump into things as quickly as she did the first time with Yongguk.

Looking around, she saw a small black cat playing with a ball of yarn just a few feet away. She successfully called the cat over and sat it down on her lap. When she held the cat up to her eye level, she brought the cat close so their noses could touch.

Unexpectedly, the cat's claws came out and scratched Jieun's forehead while it was still close.

"Ow." Jieun whimpered, setting the cat down, and patting her sleeve on the scratch.

"Are you alright?" Taehyung gasped.

"I'm...fine." The girl winced from the slight sting.

"It doesn't hurt?" Taehyung asked while sanitizing his hands.

"Erm...just a little."

Taehyung took some tissues and dabbed the slightly injured area before placing a quick kiss on her forehead.

A small, confused noise come out of Jieun's mouth as she looked up at Taehyung, "What was that for?"

"To make you feel better." He said, finishing off with his heart melting smile.

+

ok fuck you too jieun