+2

[Jieun]

I watched Yongguk in the gym during PE while he was running laps. I took my time stretching on the side lines so that I could observe him more.

Bang Yongguk:

around 180 cm

usually quiet, unless he answers questions in class

has at least one friend, Jung Daehyun, who he chooses to sit next to

99.9% sure that he's a virgin.

I mean, I've rarely seen him interact with girls. I'm usually the first to know if someone in our class is in a relationship and I've never heard anything of him having a girlfriend. Overall he seems a little shy, but I'm sure that I can make him open up to me.

"Are you still stalking Yongguk?" Dohee tapped on my shoulder as she came back from her first lap.

"I'm just observing. I've officially made my decision that he's the guy I'm going to use."

Dohee winced, but I chose to ignore it, "Jieun, are you sure you want to give up your first time just like that? You don't even love him. You barely know him!"

"I'm positive. I have to gain experience."

"Does he even know you exist?"

I gaped. He should, shouldn't he? Everyone knows who I am ever since freshman year when I was voted 'most beautiful' in the yearbook. It was just for fun, but a lot of people took that voting thing seriously. Ever since then, people would constantly try to ask me out. Not like I've ever said yes though.

I shook my head once I found Dohee snapping her fingers in my face, "I know you're thinking about yourself. Stop it."

"I'm going to go make him notice me," I smiled and marched towards the race track.

"Don't do anything stupid!!!"

I slowly walked towards all of the runners and when I spotted Yongguk coming in with the group of guys, I bent down to stretch the right side of my leg, which also caused my shorts to lift up slightly.

I played with my hair and looked over my shoulder to catch his attention. Most of the guys slowed down and watched me, I simply smiled back at them but my smile soon faded when I realized that Yongguk wasn't even around. I looked ahead and he ran right past me.

"Ugh." I crossed my arms and stared down at the floor. What a waste. Why wasn't I attracting his attention? I was about to go back to the side lines and think of a Plan B, when suddenly, I was knocked over and fell flat on the ground.

"Ow. what the hell? Watch where you're going." I rubbed my hands which have turned red from catching my fall and rolled my ankle to make sure it was ok.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Are you ok?"

Wait. I know that deep voice. Even though I've only heard it about 3 times in my entire life. I looked up and see Bang Yongguk offering his hand to me.

I smirk to myself, but before I can even accept his hand, 4 other guys rush up to me.

"Jieun, are you ok?"

"Do you need to go to the nurse's office?"

"Is your ankle alright?"

"Should we call the teacher?"

I looked past all the guys and watched Yongguk's face look shocked as he saw all of the attention I was getting. I waved my hand for the guys to move and stood up on my own. "No. It was his fault, he should take me to the nurse's office."

[Yongguk]

Once Jieun said that, all of the guys shot my dirty looks and muttered things under their breath before leaving.

I looked at Jieun again and she was standing with her arms crossed. Right, I should apologize until she says she forgives me.

"I'm sorry again. I hope I didn't hurt you."

"Just help me to the nurse's office and then I'll think of how you can repay me."

I blinked at her, "W-what? I mean, y-yeah of course. Um..." I gestured towards the exit, but she was just standing still. Does her ankle really hurt? Should I offer to carry her?

"Do you need me to carry you?"

She nodded and gestured for me to get down. She got on my back and I piggy backed her through the gym. All eyes were on us. Or maybe just her. It was Song Jieun after all. Or maybe they were staring at me because I was with her and I was the one who caused her injury. Everyone's going to hate me for hurting her.

She wasn't making any complaints though, so maybe she isn't that badly hurt?

[Jieun]

MY ANKLE HURTS LIKE HELL.

I landed on it awkwardly and now it feels sprained! I didn't want to complain though because that was unattractive so I just held it in.

We sat in silence in the nurse's office while I waited for her to come and check me up. Yongguk was so quiet. I wanted him to at least say something.

[Yongguk]

She was just staring at me and I get it when people say she's the most beautiful girl in our grade, in our whole school even. Maybe...she was waiting for me to say something first?

"So Jieun...."

"I know how you can repay me." She blurted out. "Treat me out to ice cream after school."

"Ice cream?" I asked and she nodded. I mean, it's the least I can do. After this, I hope she won't hate me.

[Jieun]

I walked with a small limp because of my ankle, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from going with Yongguk after school.

We walked side by side in the city together. Normally I would see guys and girls on their after school dates wearing their school uniform and I've always wanted to experience that. Well may next time, with some other guy, not Yongguk.

He stopped at a vendor selling soft serve ice cream and placed his back pack on the front of his chest. "Choose whatever you like."

"I'll have one scoop of green tea, please." I said to the vendor, to which Yongguk said the same. He paid for our ice creams and we continued on our way home.

I watched him eat his ice cream. He stuck his tongue out and licked it gently. It made me wonder if he could eat other things that well, too.

lmao

Jieun stop.

"Thanks for walking me home." I stood on the first step of my porch while Yongguk stood on the ground.

"Ah you're welcome...I'm still really sorry for bumping into you."

I stared at him since we were at eye level. If I wanted to get my first time over with, I should move fast, shouldn't I?

I stepped forward an inch and placed my hands on his shoulders. I was planning to kiss him, but before I got to do anything, he covered his mouth with his hand and backed away.

"I uh really hope you feel better soon. I'll see you tomorrow!"

And he fucking ran away!!

+

idk if I'm ruining the bangsong ship or saving it lmao why am I like this