One

I can't believe this is happening. I just bought VIP tickets to see Shawn Mendes for the first time ever. I get the meet and greet, the q&a, the signed guitar, signed poster, ShawnAccess experience, and so much more. I've been "growing up" with Shawn since before he was made famous by Vine. I've watched his journey through youtube, the news, and all social media platforms. I guess you could say he's my idol, but in my heart he's so much more.

********************

Hey guys, my name is Janessa Bree King and I'm 19 years old. I live by myself in a condo in Toronto, close to the CN Tower, because I wanted to live near Shawn, in hopes of meeting him someday. It sounds kind of creepy, but it's true, because you never know when you might bump into him on the street. I was brought up in an abusive family and decided I was going to live on my own once I turned 18. When I was still with my family, I lived in the suburbs of Vancouver with my mother and father (who I haven't had any contact with since I left), and my one-year-younger brother, Dreyden. I still keep in touch with Drey, but I haven't seen him since I've left either. I promised him and myself, that once I made enough money, I would bring him to me. Life was tough then, but now I'm doing pretty alright.

********************

Flashback to when I first moved to Toronto.

I've got a job at the local coffee shop, the Dream Bean, as a barista. And it's really great because I can walk to work in just five minutes. When I first got to Toronto, I didn't know much, so when I saw that the Dream Bean had just opened and was looking for people to hire, I walked in. It had the nicest atmosphere, very chill and relaxed with a rustic, woody vibe to it. As soon as I opened the door, I saw a lady, with dark blue hair, lots of piercings, and lots of tattoos, at the register and decided to ask for a job application.

"Hello, I'm Janessa. I saw the flyer that says your looking to hire, and I was wondering if I could get a job application."

"Well, hi Janessa. My name's Eliza and I'm the owner of the shop, and we actually opened a few days ago and you're one of the first few people to come in looking for a job."

"I just moved here, and I'm looking for a job. I'm a certified barista, I love coffee, and I can work full-time."

"That's great. You know, I like you so I'm gonna do us both a favor by hiring you right here on the spot!"

"Really?! That would be so amazing. Thank you thank you thank you!!"

"Haha its really no problem. I'm looking for employees, and you're looking for a job, so this'll work out just fine. I know it." Eliza hands me a paper with highlighted shift times, "Since you just moved here, I assume you don't have much of a schedule yet, so I'll give you a full-time schedule, which also gives you quite a bit of your own time."

"Thank you so much! I won't let you down."

I walked back to my small apartment with my schedule in tow, and I knew that I was going to do whatever it takes to get my brother here. I got back to my apartment put my bag down and looked at the schedule. The schedule was like life served to me on a golden platter. I get paid a monthly rate of $1500 and I only have to work 40 hours a week. For once, I felt as if I would survive and be able to bring Drey to me sooner than expected.

********************

Now, Drey is 18 years old, and working shifts at a bistro where most of the "rich" people go to dine. His income is slightly smaller than mine, but we still manage. I still work full-time and Drey works full-time, so we save up and use money only for the things that absolutely we need and rent. Rent isn't too hard to pay since we have both our incomes to contribute. After I bought the concert tickets, Drey and I agreed to save up as much as possible to compensate for the several hundred dollars we used. Drey is coming with me because ever since I started taking interest in Shawn, Drey wasn't far behind. Shawn has become someone that Drey looks up to, his role model. Ever since he and I were little, we loved to sing and play instruments, and when Shawn was "discovered" it only made us love singing and playing even more.

The concert is in 4 days, and I know that those four days are going to fly by before I know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment! I'd really appreciate it! And keep on reading! "I promise" it gets better! (You'll find out what "I promise" means later, if you keep reading)