Steve waved me over. I walked over and sat down next to Johnny.

"Ya know Soda was seeing that girl Sandy?" Steve asked.

It was no joke that Soda has been seeing Sandy. He talked about her like the world revolved around he. He was in love with her.

I nodded "yeah ... why?" I asked confused.

"Well ... she's kinda pregnant ... and not with Soda's" Steve answered.

I pressed my lips together. I couldn't imagine how Soda must feel, I can't believe she would do that to him.

I got up and rubbed the back of my neck, debating what to do.

I then made my way into the hallway with all their rooms.

I made it to what I had learned was Soda's room and knocked lightly. "Soda ...?" I asked. No response "you okay?" I asked. Again no response.

I put my hand on the knob of the door and turned it slowly, so I wouldn't startle him. When I opened the door he was sitting on his bed, his head in his hands.

I walked in slowly and closed the door behind me. I made my way over to him and sat next to him. I sat there for a moment and then wrapped my arm around his shoulders and rubbed his shoulder a bit. He then accepted that I wasn't gonna leave and leaned into me, putting his head on my shoulder.

"She don't deserve you Soda. I know that Don't help ... but she didn't. And if she can't see what a funny, sweet, amazing person you are. Then she's dumb" I said softly to him, leaning my head on top of his.

He stayed quiet. I know it wasn't very normal for Soda to show his emotions. He was normally a happy-go-lucky Guy.

"I don't know Ell. I loved her. I guess she don't love me like I thought she did" he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows "you know what" I said standing up "I'm not gonna let you sit around and mourn over the loss of someone who's not dead. It's not good for you" I said. He looked at me confused.

"Come on, you're gonna come with Pony and I to the drive-in and we're gonna have a good time" I said.

He sighed "Ell I -"

I then cut him off "Soda, come on. Sitting here is the worst possible thing you could do during something like this" I said softly.

He hesitated "I'm not gonna win this am I?" He asked.

I shook my head "nope, might as well put a jacket on." I said and walked to the door "we'll be waiting outside" I said opening the door. As I opened the door all the guys ran back over to the couches.

I walked out, leaving the door open and walking to the living room. "Ready Pony?" I asked looking over to him.

"Let's go" he said and we walked outside to wait for Soda.

We waited outside for about three minutes before Soda made his way outside and to us.

"Alright guys lets go, we're already a little late" I said, beginning to walk with them next to me.

We made our way down to the drive-in. Yes we walked. That way we didn't have to pay either.
We slipped through a hole at the bottom section of part of the fence around the area.

We then walked over to an area where there were chairs and sat down.

Pony looked over to the section where most of the Socs where "there's the Soc section" he said "best stay away from over there".

"No Pony, that's the asshole section" I said, rolling my eyes at the thought of it.

That earned a small laugh from Soda. At least he wasn't a complete zombie.

"Fun fact, this is my favorite movie. Natalie Wood is beautiful" I said, taking my cherry chapstick out of my pocket.

Soda looked over at me "you sure do use that chapstick a lot. Someone might as well call you Cherry"

I looked over at him and smiled "is that someone gonna be you?"

He smiled lightly "you know, I think that someone will be me".