I dragged my suitcase behind me and up to the door of the house. I knocked a couple of times before someone answered.

A guy with blonde hair that went to about his jawline opened the door. He wore a grey muscle tee and old scruffy jeans.

I looked him up and down before deciding that he couldn't be Dallas.

"Can I help you?" He said impatiently.

"Yeah you can, I'm looking for Dallas Winston" I said pressing my lips together.

He nodded and closed the door. A few minutes went by and soon the door opened again.

I looked up from the ground and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Hey Dallas" I said with a straight face. He looked different. Maybe older, his face was a bit more structured along with his whole body. A cigarette hung from his lips.

He took the cigarette out of his mouth quickly and shifted from his left leg to his right leg "Elliot?".

"That's my name, don't wear it out"  I smiled a bit.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Are you serious? You haven't seen me in four years and that's what you say" I raised an eyebrow.

He looked a bit taken back "oh uh, come on in" he said, opening the door.

I walked in, keeping one hand stuffed into my pocket, I looked over to see the first guy that opened the door sitting on a couch.

"Why don't you go ahead and sit down so you can explain" he pointed to a chair near the one couch as he sat down next to the other guy. "By the way this is Darrel, Darell this is Elliot my sister".

I nodded and sat down on the chair.

"So what brings you here?" Dallas asked.

"Well, our parents decided I was too much of a burden once I got kicked out of school so they sent me to a boarding school in Connecticut and then I got kicked out of there so they decided I should come live here with you. Trust me I'm just as surprised as you are" I said, pressing my lips together again.

Dallas laughed. Not the reaction I expected.
"That's my girl" he grinned "what'd you do?".

I grinned back and opened my mouth to tell him about all the stunts I've pulled at my school before Darrel began to speak "nevermind what she did Dally, where's she gonna stay?".

Dallas thought for a moment "well shit, I didn't think about that".

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"You should call your mom-" he began but I cut him off.

"Dallas, please don't make me go back to New York. You know they don't really care about us. I don't ask for much but I'm asking for this one thing. We'll figure it out, we always do" I said desperately. My parents never really cared about Dallas or I sometimes I wonder why they decided to have kids.

He nodded "alright, we'll figure something out"

I nodded "I'm gonna hang around outside for a little bit".

"Alright, don't be out there too long" Dallas said.

I pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my backpack without Dallas noticing and walking outside.

I sat down on the porch and leaned back on one of the wooden poles holding it up.

I opened the cigarette box, pulling out one and putting it in between my lips. I closed the box and felt around in the pockets of my jeans and groaned.

Of course I forgot my lighter. Just great.

I kept the cigarette between my lips and looked up to the night sky. You could never see the stars in New York and I never really got the. Chance to in Connecticut. They were gorgeous though, I never realized how much I loved the night sky.

I was interrupted from my mid stare by someone trying to get my attention.

My eyes snapped in the persons direction to see a tall boy standing at the edge of the porch. He had dark brown hair and soft blue eyes. He wore a white tank top with a button up around it and scruffy jeans just like Darrel's. He was definitely in good shape. He was very attractive.

I think he realized I was checking him out because he chuckled a bit and looked down at the ground.

I shook it off "I'm sorry what?" I could feel my face turn red and hot.

"You need a light?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrow for a minute before realizing that I still had a cigarette hanging from my lips.

I nodded and held the cigarette to my lips while he cane over with a lighter and lit it for me. "Thanks" I said taking a puff of it.

"Do you know if a guy named Darry's in there?" He asked, pointing to the door.

I nodded "yeah, he's talking to Dallas" I said, taking another drag from the cigarette.

The boy walked into the house. I sat there, looking back up at the sky. I hadn't realized how cold it was until now. I stuffed one of my hands it's the pocket of my hoodie.

The boy soon came out and walked over to where I was, sitting next to me.

"Dallas never told us he has a sister" he said, looking up at the sky to see what I was looking at, then looking back at me.

I took the cigarette out of my mouth and nodded "Dallas and I ... we haven't talked since he moved out here.".

He nodded "I never got your name" he realized.

"Elliot, Elliot Winston. And you are?" I asked pulling out my cigarette pack and offering one to him.

He pulled out a cigarette, lighting it.

"Sodapop Curtis, but you can call me Soda" he answered.

"Sodapop?" I chuckled.

He grinned "I know, I know" he said taking a puff of the cigarette.

"I like it" I smiled, taking a long drag of the cigarette and looking back up at the sky.