Omens

With things turning out well in the valley, there were others suffering. Baldur was like a never ending hell on different individuals and clans, the bloodshed never seemed to end.

Bodies laid scattered around Baldur and his clan, his brutality knew no end.

Capturing those against their wills, and killing off offspring just for sport. This was literally hell. A carnotaurus watched from the distance, their body was almost black with white stripes upon their face and hind legs to their tail.

This individual had escaped miraculously from the clans fury, the many carnivores following Baldur enjoyed causing pain and killing. The carnotaurus looked down as she looked at her left ankle for it was swollen. Armor that she wore was on her head as well as horns, and her back had ankylosaurus armor.

The carnotaurus walked away, the image of all her friends still lodged into her memory. Memories of when they were alive, that was all that she clung too.

It was hard to tell how many clans there were, sure there was not a lot of those with conscious minds but they know to stand together. Those who have fled meet up with others and try to make a clan. They try to make it work.

This carnotaurus was a teen, she grew up with friends and knew little about her parents. This teen was unlike other teens, she had the knowledge of a adult. Her intelligence was something that many would die for, she was special.

Special to escape death and skilled in hunting and fighting at such a young age.

No one knew what it was that made many wake up, it was random but unique.

Some elders believe that the mind has had enough of being closed off. It wants to be something more than a mindless killing machine. Was this true? No one knows.

To become sentient was a big deal, but it came with risks. The risk being you will feel pain, you will become fearful of dying. It truly brought upon a new light but a even bigger and darker fear.

What would happen if Baldur completely destroys all the clans. This was something very concerning. He would stop at nothing to be the king of the conscious, the dictator of all beings.

The carnotaurus walked onward alone, her eyes looked all around her. She was alone, that is never good.

The blind beasts were everywhere at every corner, the blind only know how to kill and feast upon the flesh like ravenous monsters that they were.

To live in this world or to live in Baldur's world, either way there would be a monster waiting to end your life.

The carnotaurus blinked hearing a sound, the sound was heartbreaking it almost sounded like crying. As she walked up to the source of the sound did her eyes land on a massive body of a rex. The rex was dead, the stale scent of death was all over the corpse.

The sound came from a small baby, a little rex orphaned.

This always happened, a blind beast never knows when not to fight. They take on more than they can chew, and they learn the hard way. No doubt this rex tried taking on an ankylosaurus, the injury from the fight ended the life of the rex which in turn left the baby alone.

The carnotaurus walked by the corpse, she blinked hearing the sound of scuffling behind her.

Looking back she saw the orphaned rex following her, their large eyes desperately clung onto life.

This baby was not afraid of her, the sound it made was vulnerable. If left alone it will surely die by another creature or die of starvation.

The carnotaurus looked ahead before looking back, the little rex was really close to her as it looked up at her. It's hide was a dark brown with black stripes all over its body, this rex was clinging to her for obvious reasons.