Nightmares

As night falls the many terrors that comes with it follows, the three mountains took on a frightening appearance. The clouds surrounded the top of these mountains making them look haunting.

How could such a place that was used to bring safety bring on the feeling of dread?

The carnotaurus was closer to her destination, that didn't change the fear that she was feeling. Goliath had remained by her side, he also hasn't said a word. Her heart raced in her rib cage, she almost felt like fainting.

She stopped suddenly, Goliath picked up on her stopping and his massive head turned to look at her slowly. She didn't see anyone that she recognized from where she stood.

She didn't want to join Goliath, but she fears that if she gets closer then she would be ambushed. She was a teen who had a little rex, she couldn't do much against Goliath and his clan.

"What is wrong, Stripes?", asked Goliath in a deep voice. He was playing the part very well, he still hadn't broke his 'nice guy' character.

"I am just tired.", she replied fast. She really tried hiding her fear from him. That and there was no one there that had survived from her clan. How could this happen? Her clan was prosperous and yet it fell so easily.

"Oh, you have been through a lot I suppose you would be tired.", replied Goliath as he gave her a rather kind look. Though his eyes held no emotion, that made her blood run cold.

The little rex was stuck to her like glue, that was enough of a indication that he was up to no good.

"Why do you want me to join so bad?", she asked this curiously. Goliath didn't seem like the type to go all out to recruit one person. The markings he wore and his eyes just said something entirely different.

"You remind me of the Evil One.", replied Goliath who stared at her. She didn't know who that was.

"Evil One?", she replied looking at him.

Goliath looked at her in a blank stare, he didn't blink either as he responded. "Yes, I am fairly old but I have seen him several times. A blind carnotaurus who has been deemed that name. He only appears at night, the left side of his face had been ripped off from so many battles."

The teen blinked, she had never seen anything like that. Of course blind beasts were all different in appearance but acted the same way. "I have never seen him.", she replied.

Goliath smiled slowly, "If you had seen him, you would be dead."

The teen didn't know what to say, a carnotaurus that was missing the half of his face. She didn't think a beast would survive with such wounds but from what he said, they clearly can. "Why is he called that?", she spoke looking at him sternly.

Goliath chuckled in a deep tone, "Cause his horns are always bloody like his face. He is quite large for a carnotaurus as well." He looked at her slowly as he said. "He had mated once, he has the exact markings like you."

She blinked in surprise, she shook her head. "The chances of me being anyone's child is high but I am not that child."

Goliath looked at her with his eyes narrowing, "You don't know that. If you see him you may change your mind."

The night air brought on a bone chilling cold, Goliath stood still before looking at the three peaks ahead. "We are close, hopefully you will see someone you know."

The carnotaurus watched him turn around and walk forward, she followed slowly with the little rex close at her feet. His words actually frightened her.

What would she do if she sees this so called "Evil One", to give a blind beast a name was something unheard of. Names were used to separate the blind, so why give a blind carnivore a name.