Upstart

Devastate looked at Baldur with a shocked look in his eyes, his comrade had fallen and there was no telling if he was alive. The air was still muggy but that did little to deter the hungry mouths of the blind. Blood was something they followed and Baldur had wounded Scarface obviously for that stale aroma was in the air.

"Worthy!?! Scarface was definitely worthy!", responded Devastate who looked at Baldur seriously. "We have to go get him!"

Baldur smirked at Devastate as he shook his head, "He's with that raptor, besides we have more important matters to attend too."

"What's more important than a life of a comrade!", growled Devastate.

Baldur smirked in such a heartless way, "That leader of your clan needs to be replaced. I believe you can help me out with that."

Devastate blinked looking at Baldur, his eyes lowered to where Scarface had fallen for a second. Choices were important but it could cost someone else. Watching Crusher and coming to terms that he knew nothing of ruling really sunk in. "I will take you to where the leader is.", responded Devastate as he looked away from where Scarface had fallen.

Baldur grinned as he spoke, "I will be sure to reward you afterwards."

Devastate lowered his cranium as he walked into the brush following the other clan mates trails they have left. Baldur followed right behind him with a look that was ready for blood.

Down the slope and into the heavy forest floor laid Scarface, he opened his eyes slowly and looked around curiously. His large frame began to move as he went to stand but he collapsed back down as a loud groan of pain erupted from his maw.

"Easy your hurt.", spoke the raptor who came out of the brush. In his claws he held a few small lizards that he had caught.

"What? Where is Devastate?", asked Scarface who huffed.

"He betrayed us, so much for him coming around huh?", replied the raptor who looked up with a scowl.

"He...!", Scarface groaned loudly in pain as he went to move. His eyes moved to where the pain was coming from and he looked shocked. Upon his left leg that went up to his side was a large laceration. The pain was unbearable and that was due to how deep it looked.

"I found some herbs that I already placed on the wound, but it needs a whole lot more than what I can find.", spoke the raptor who popped a small lizard into his maw.

Scarface looked around and huffed, "We need to go! We have to stop Devastate from making a mistake!"

The raptor looked at Scarface with a blank look, "You still wanna do that for someone who betrayed you?"

Scarface frowned, his eyes closed as he said, "He is not a bad behemoth. He just doesn't think a lot of the time."

The raptor laughed a bit, "Most behemoths don't think. They act on brute strength alone and flaunt their big bodies."

Scarface looked at the raptor with a weird look as he slowly moved to stand, his legs shook as he stood. He couldn't put much weight on his left leg which was a major problem. That meant that he couldn't fight all that well, and trying to run from a blind beast would prove to be impossible.

"You got determination that or you're crazy.", scoffed the raptor as he looked up at him.

"Say what you want, I know Devastate is not a bad brute. He is just putting his cards on the wrong side.", retorted Scarface as he slowly began to walk.

The raptor watched him silently before following, his sharp eyes looked around for any kind of movement. The forest around them was thick, little light was coming through the many trees. The many sounds of the blind beasts rang out around them. Where they were going was hard to tell since the area around them seemed different.