Chapter 45

Kong heard what PVolt said to PArthit. He looked at PArhit, he was unmoving. He did not respond or even say anything. Kong cannot just watch anymore. He stood, his stance clearly indicating he is about to confront PVolt. Kai pulled him back.

'Let me go Kai.' he pushed Kai's hand away.

Kong took big strides to the senior. Volt, on the other hand, noticed that it was the same junior from yesterday. What surprised him is the evident anger in his eyes. 'This junior got balls.'

'What is it this time, Nong?' he asked calmly but inside he is irritated.

"I think you better stop showering PArthit with gifts.' Kong stated.

'Why is that? Arthit deserves them. And what do you know anyway? There are things in this life that you don't understand. That is natural. You are still young.' Volt tapped Kong's shoulder. 

Kong just narrowed his gaze at him. Fists are now clenching.

' Oh the little boy is angry.' Volt mocked.

Knot just looked at Arthit. He looked dazed. Darn it. Isn't he going to do anything.? He looked at their table.
Bright had to put down the chicken he was devouring and stare at it in horror. Needless to say, Arthit's friends already lost their appetite.

'You dont need to look like somebody told you that you were eating your pet chicken.' Toota hit him as he recovered from his daze

' Is it just me or that was I thought it was?' Bright asked.
' You' re not making any sense Bright.' Prem said.
' Is anything making sense to any of you?'

Their silence seemed to have confirmed the fact that no one seems to have the faintest idea of what is happening

'PVolt, sorry for this No--.' Knot stood up to pull back Kong but Kai already beat him to it.

"You don't have to mock him you know.' Kai said, his voice full of challenge.

'It is you and you came to apologize on his behalf again. What is he,  your fann or something?' Volt asked.

'He might as well be if no one is going to say anything.' Kai said, clearly trying to rile PArthit who seemed rooted on his seat.

' What do you mean? You know what,  I do not care. I am too busy to deal with nosy juniors. Tell him to stop dipping his fingers on things that do not concern him.' Volt dismissed them.

Arthit stood up to say something when Volt's phone rung and he went to bid them goodbye, he leaned down on Arthit, '

'I'll call you.' he whispered. Arthit had the sense to lean away but nodded in daze. 

Kai noticed Kong clench his fist after the scene  that they just witnessed, his whole body tensed. So there is really trouble in paradise? Darn, no wonder
P'Arthit looked murderous when I ate the food. Why do I keep coming back here anyway?'

'Get out of here, Kai.' Arthit snarled.

" Really? Where was the bravado when people here were about to come into blows because of you.? ' Kai mocked.

Arthit remained silent. Truth is Arthit's mind is still reeling from what happened. 'Is this how it feels when you receive a confession? Or what was it, appreciation? How do you even handle a confession?'

"Thought so.' Kai mumbled.
"What do you mean you thought so?"Arthit voice shaking in anger, asked Kai.

"You got stupefied by what that person was showering you.' Kai answered.

Arthit grabbed Kai but Kong pulled Kai back, Knot also had to restrain PArthit.

"You dont know anything.' he accused Kai.
" I know enough.' Kai countered.
'Don't act all clean and mighty here. You have your motives too, you confessed to him.' Arthit snarled.

'I've dealt with that. Question is, what about you? How do you deal with that?' Kai said with a straight face, 
pointing to the cake on the table.

He saw Arthit flinch. ' Gotcha.' Kai thought.

'And the food I was eating? Just to let you know,  someone bought it for you.' Kai added, as he turned to Kongpob to emphasize his point.
' I must be a freakin' masochist for me to provoke this senior more.' Kai thought.

Arthit's eyes almost popped out.

'Kai...' Kong hissed at him.
'You rejected me on my face Kongpob. Why can't he do the same?' Kai challenged Arthit.

Arthit grabbed Kai. His friends came to pull him back.

"P'Arthit leave Kai alone.' Kong said.

'You are taking his side.' Arthit was gritting his teeth as he accused the sophomore.

'I'm taking no one's side.." Kong countered, refusing to meet the anger of P'Arthit, 'Why is he the one angry anyway? He was the one who got so stunned with a cake. He was just silent.  He knew I was here right? Why didn't he say anything?'

'Those girls fawning over a cake. Is it so hard to tell these people that they are not together? His friends even put down the food they were eating after what PVolt said. Clearly they understood what is going on. But PArthit did not say anything to PVolt, did not even bother to mention that there is someone who might get angry.'

'PArthit, I am not expecting you to declare here that I am your fann. But, is it so hard to say you are taken?' Kong thought.

'Why did you give him my food?' Arthit accused Kong. 

Kong who just looked at him, again, refusing to say anything within the earshot of all these people. 

'How is this my fault?' Kong wondered.

Kai looked at Kong. Kai already vowed to let them be but seeing Kong like this. Darn it.

Kai calmly addressed the senior, 'You know what, if you don't know how to deal with an admirer, stop projecting  your frustration on other people.'

Arthit paused but yelled, 'Don't go back here!' 

'Can you tell the journalist the same thing?' Kai challenged. 

Kongpob had to push Kai away. 'Stop it.'

Kong went back but Arthit already stormed out of the hall, his friends on his heels.

'How dare Kongpob take Kai's side?' Arthit thought.