Chapter 21

Arthit was walking down the stairs when four students barreled into him. He had to brace his injured hand on the wall to stop himself from falling down. Arthit winced in pain.

He was about to lash out to the students, Is this kindergarten that they are running around like this? They will really hear from him. But when Arthit looked up, he discovered that they are first years and they are almost shaking in fear.

Arthit stopped. Is his temper that bad that these first years are looking like they are about to wet themselves?

'S ---, so, sorry PArthit.' one of them said.
The other three look like they were rooted to where they are standing, gaping at him with horror evident on their faces.

Arthit took a deep breath to compose himself.

'Just watch where you are going.' he said gently.

The four blinked at him in disbelief. Vin and his classmates are late and it was just their luck to run into the notorious senior. They are bracing themselves to be shouted at and even expected do some punishment because of what they have done. So imagine their suprise when the infamous senior just took a deep breath and gave them a gentle reminder. The three looked at each other in stunned silence as if nonverbally communicating, ' What changed?'

When the first years left, Arthit noticed that his hand was bleeding. He sat on the stairs to look at it. He needs to change the bandage. He can ask AiFang again later.

He was about to stand up when someone knelt in front of him.

It was Kongpob. Arthit had to rapidly blink as if to convince himself that Kong is real. Arthit was half afraid his mind is just playing tricks on him.

'It's bleeding. Do you have extra bandage with you?' Kong said as he looked at his hand.

Still feeling that this is all surreal, all Arthit  managed to do was  point to his bag. As Kong rummaged through his bag, Arthit blushed. His bag is like a cockpit that Kong had to sit down to look for it.

' I can do it.' Arthit said to spare himself from further embarassment. Why did Kong have to go through his bag when he haven't cleaned it?'
' I got them.'

When Kong's skin touched his, their gazes met. Arthit felt like the world temporarily stopped. Their  connection is undeniable. Their eyes are silently conveying what each of them are too cowardly to say out loud. Their gazes held but it was Arthit who first turned his face away. 'Damn Kongpob and that stare of his .' Arthit hissed. But deep inside, Arthit missed that stare. The stare that says nothing else matters to the younger man but him.

As Kongpob held his hand,  Arthit wants to pull him close. Arthit looked at his fann's face with longing as if trying to memorize his features. Kong looks like he's losing weight. And Arthits heart bled knowing he might be one of the reasons why Kong does not eat.

Kong, on other hand, can not believe what he is doing right now. He was walking when he saw P'Arthit almost fall down from the middle of the stairs and how he used his bandaged hand to stop himself from falling. He also witnessed how PArthit controlled himself with those students and seeing his injured hand, Kong just found himself approaching the senior.

Now touching him like this, this isn't good for his heart. It's only been over a week but this divide between us felt like eternity.  Kong mused.

Eversince Arthit recited what they told each other in the Rama Bridge,  Kong has been rethinking about what is happening between them. He keeps on replaying everything in his mind. How did they end up this way?

Kong was so deep into his musings when he felt Arthit flinch.

' I'm sorry.' he has been pressing Arthit's hand tightly.

Now that Kong  can look at it closely, P'Arthit's hand is a mess. But the skin looks like it is healing well. 'Why is his hand injured?' Kong wondered. It took all the willpower Kong could muster for him not to run over his fingers on Arthit's skin and assure him that everything is fine. For now, Kong contented himself with holding his senior's soft hand.

Kong was about to use his handkerchief to clean the wound when,

'Ai'.. Ai'Fang can do it,' Arthit said, his voice cracked. ' Why am I flustered?' Arthit thought.

'She went to a meeting. I met her on the way here. ' Kong informed him.

Kong proceeded to clean the blood and change the bandage. Arthit was gazing at Kong the whole time. For the past few days, Kong's cold stare was all he had seen. 'I want him to smile again. I want him to smile for me again.' Arthit silently wished.

'It's done.' Kong declared as he was standing up.
'Kong...' he called out.
'I still have class.' Kong bolted swiftly before Arthit can say something.

'Thank you.' Arthit muttered to himself.

__-----___

Author's Note:

Please accept this chapter as somewhat of a peace offering for everything Ive caused in the previous chapters. ✌️😊

Is it just me or this is the most 🧀y chapter of this fic so far? Cant believe I wrote this. *shudders* 😂🤣