Chapter 26

Arthit was walking in the university field when he saw Kong with Kai and other students gathered in one of the benches.

Kai was poking Kong. He heard,
'Kongpob, you stubborn fool. Apply the formula.' Kai prodded.

'Why can't I do the long method.?' Kong whined.
'Ask your teacher.' Kai deadpanned.

Kong then slumped on the table.
Then a girl poked Kong and she yelped.

'Why?' the other girl asked.
'Kong is burning up.' she said.

Kai reached out to touch Kong's forehead and cursed,

'Darn, you stubborn fool for not saying anything.'

Arthit was about to go to Kongpob when he sees that his Uncle is approaching.

He stayed put to greet him.

'Let's have lunch.' It was a statement, neither an invitation nor a question. No room to say no.

Arthit was looking back with concern to the sophomores and the last thing he saw was Kai carrying Kong on his back. He stopped.

'Something wrong?' Penn asked his nephew. Arthit is distracted and keeps staring back to a group of sophomores.

'I think my friend needs help.' he stated.
'Oh that student,0062, he implied you weren't friends. Let's go.' he informed him. Arthit better be aware that his friend denied him.

Arthit is torn. He wants to make sure Kong is fine but his Uncle might suspect anything if he insists. Arthit just kept on walking after his Uncle, his mind is full of a certain sophomore.

__----__

Kong woke up and he is in the clinic. Kai is asleep on a chair next to him.

' How did I end up here? The last thing I remember is we  were studying.' Kong dazedly wondered.

Kai stirred and looked at him,

'Kong? I don't know how an idiot like you can get sick.' he snarked. Come on, who gets sick over problem sets? Kai mused.

Kong snorted.

'Not all of us are geniuses, Kai.' Kong smiled, thankful he stayed with him.
'I'm special.' he declared proudly.

He shook his head, Kai and his ego.

'Water.' Kai offered a glass of water. He nodded.

Kai was helping him drink when Arthit entered. The three of them looked at each other.

' P...you're here.' Kong acknowledged.
'I'll take you home.' Arthit said still giving Kai a steel cold gaze.
'I'll be fine,P.  I feel better now.' Kong refused.
' But...' Arthit was about to argue when his phone rung.

'Yes Uncle.'

Arthit looked at him apologetically.
Kong nodded in understanding. Then he looked at Kai who just sat down.

' I'll take him home. Seems your fann isn't your priority.' Kai provoked the senior.

Arthit grabbed Kai's collar.

' P!' Kong shouted.
' You can't just waltz into our lives and think you understand what is happening between us!' Arthit yelled.
' I understand enough. You aren't brave enough to show your Uncle that you are with a man.' Kai stated as a matter of factly.

Arthit punched Kai who pushed him back.

' You don't want a freakin broken face when you face your Uncle, don't you? Precious nephew don't want to explain.' Kai mocked him.

'P...just go. Kai, stop it.' Kong is now standing between them.

Arthit just sighed as his phone rung again.

'Text me when you're home safe,Kong.' he implored the sophomore.

'Yes, P.'

Arthit threw Kai another warning stare and left.

' Kai.' Kong hissed at his classmate.
' I really can't fathom why you still choose to be with him. So far, he's done nothing but hurt you.' Kai asked with a baffled expression on his face.

' I also hurt him, Kai. Both of us did things and wrongly assumed things about each other, which we weren't proud of.' Kong explained.

Kai just stared at him, his expression unreadable. Kong then noticed that Kai winced in pain. It was in that moment the Nurse came in.

' Your fann took good care of you and  you punched him in return?' she exclaimed in horror.

' He's not...we're not...' Kong tried to explain.

' No? He was raising hell when you arrived here. Since the doctor is on leave, he called a specialist to check on you. Didn't leave your side even if we said we can take care of you. There are three nurses here you know. So still denying he's not your fann?' the nurse dared him.

Kong was stunned with what he heard. Kai is not looking at him.

' Are you hurt? You know if your fann doesn't appreciate you, we can take care of you.' the nurse cooed at Kai as she inspected his sore face. Arthit got him good.

' Nah, he's worth it.' Kai mumbled.
' What?' the nurse asked.
' Nothing.' Kai denied.

But Kong heard it. 'Did I hear that correctly? What is happening?' a confused Kong wondered.