Chapter 29

The economics class was reminded that they need to submit the first draft of their research paper next week.
Kong turned to Kai who is staring at him.

' Kai,'
' What?' Kai asked in a daze.
' Did you hear what the professor said?'
'No.'
'What's with you today?'

Kai looked at him. ' You, you are what is on my mind. I do not know why. You're in my every thought.'

Kong told him they have to submit the paper next week after Kai just stared at him again.

' Let's go work in the cafe then', he invited Kong
'Why can't we work in the library? Kong wondered.
'Change of scenery.'

Kong looked at Kai suspiciously. What is with him today? And the words of Kai in the clinic flashed back on his mind. He agreed to go with him  but texted PArthit.

Arthit was walking home with his friends when he received Kong's message. He immediately took off.

' Oi, Arthit where are you going?' Bright called out.

__---__

Kong is getting distracted by Kai's stares. Is he really staring at me more than usual or am I just imagining things?

Then a note fell from his book when he bent down to pick it up and read it,

' You are irritating, you are the only one who does not make any sense in my logical world. And for the first time, I am hooked. I want to be around you, perfect chaos.

I like you Kong.

KAI.

When he look up, Kai is holding out to him a snowy owl plush toy with eyeglasses.

Outside the cafe, Arthit held on a chair and was breathing hard after running like crazy

Outside the cafe, Arthit held on a chair and was breathing hard after running like crazy. When he looked up, he saw Kai holding out a toy to Kong.

Arthit saw Kong was just looking at Kai.

Kong was stunned by the note and what Kai is offering to him.

'Kai, you know I have a fann, right? Why are you doing this?' he confronted the other guy.
'What makes him better than me.?' Kai asked.
'These things need not be explained,  Kai.'
'Why.?'

Kong took a deep breath.

' Like what you said in your letter, I don't make sense to you but you like me. I don't need a reason to like PArthit. ' Kong explained.

Kai pondered on what Kong said. His brain is muddled and confusion is something that Kai is not used to. Everything makes sense in his world. Everything is logical until Kong and his propensity to like someone who hurts him and is afraid of being seen with him.

Kai looked past Kong and saw P'Arthit standing outside. He looked at Kong then Kai just stormed out.

Kong sat on the chair, scratching his head. Why does it have to be like this?

Then he felt someone pull his head to lean on that person. He looked up, it was PArthit. It was brief gesture but Kong felt so touched as he closed his eyes to  revel in the the nearness of PArthit.

'Did he finally confess to you?' Arthit asked as he sat down across him.
'You knew?' Kong's eyes widened in suprise.
'He told me. Let's get you home.' Arthit said when he saw Kong is in disarray. He wasn't like this when Gee confessed to him. And what's up with this sick luck of his witnessing people confess to Kong?

Kong picked up everything including the owl Kai held out earlier.
' Must you bring that?' Arthit asked.
'I'll return this to him.' Kong said clutching the owl.

Arthit narrowed his eyes. 'You would still talk with him?'
'P'Arthit, he's a good friend' Kong explained.
'Kong he's...' Arthit was about to say something but Kong cut him off.
'No, P. He's done so much for me. This is the least I can do. Kai is just confused.'

'And you care about his feelings?' Arthit clarified.
'Yes. He's hurt.'
'What about my feelings as your fann?' You don't care about that? P'Arthit stormed off.

The hurt in P'Arthit's eyes before he ran stumped Kong. 'What has he done?'

He ran after PArthit.

'PArthit....'
'Just go Kong.' Arthit yelled back.
'No.'

He pulled him to a corner.

'Let go Kong.'
'Not when you're angry like this.'

Arthit is leaning on the wall. Breathing heavily, still evading Kong's gaze.

 Breathing heavily, still evading Kong's gaze

' P'Athit listen to me.'
'Not when you still want to befriend that guy after he confessed to you' he claimed.
'How do I prove to you that it doesn't matter to me?' Kong pleaded.
'It's different for him Kong.' Arthit countered.
'How do I convince you that I do not return his feelings?'

Arthit moved to go, this is too much for him. But Kong blocked him, pulled him back to the wall.
'I'm stubborn P, I'm not letting you go.'
'Kong--'

Arthit was surprised when Kong's lips crashed into him. This isn't like their gentle kisses. This insistent, demanding, coaxing him to believe whatever Kong said.. He felt Kong's  tongue trace his lower lip, seeking entrance.

Arthit moaned as he turned away but Kong just kissed his jaw then whispered, ' Only you, P. '

Arhit's senses felt overwhelmed. When Kong's lips found its way into his again, he stopped fighting it. He opened his lips and Kong's tongue met his. It was a sweet dance from there on. Two people convincing each other  that they belong together; pouring everything into the kiss like nothing or no one else matters.

When they parted, Kong rested his forehead on his, ' I love ---'

P'Arthit shoved him.

'What.'
'Stop it.' Arthit is blushing as he chided the sophomore.
'Why...' Kong asked, still delirious from that kiss.
'Not here.'
'Later then.' Kong said with a wicked grin.
'What la--' PArthit froze.

Kong was puzzled why PArthit was unable to finish his sentence.
He followed the line of his gaze and then he saw...

... Professor Penn was there, staring at them with an unreadable expression on his face.

_---_

Note:

I blame this heavy rain for how this chapter turned out.😅

Photos are not mine. Credit to owner.