Chapter 36

'Thought we have to wait for you again,' Tom mocked Arthit as they climbed the bus.

'Just so you know I woke up early.' Arthit replied.

Kong snorted.

'Is that why I heard you yell at Kongpob for not waking you up earlier, after I pounded on your door?'

'AiTom!' He reached out to hit the senior but Tom just bolted away from them.

Kong just chuckled at the seniors' antics. It is nice to see them loose and free from the demands of graduation.

When they arrived in the assembly area, cheers were heard. Kongpob was walking ahead so Arthit saw students pointing at the sophomore. He almost rolled his eyes.

They were asked to introduce themselves, so when it was Kongpob's turn, the cheers were deafening.

'Students settle down.' the MC reminded

Kong just gave a charming smile and they cooed.

'Flirt.' Arthit hissed
'Well he's not the moon of the university for nothing eh?' Ara said.

They presented their recruitment pitches. Sciences tandem showed their laboratory experiments which is a hit with the students. The communications students showed off their facilities, and for engineering, he and Kong used the simulations they have and showed their faculty facilities using drone shots.

So many questions were asked to all of them. Kong was asked to give advice to a freshmen whose parents are choosing their faculty for them. Kong answered, ' I didn't want to be in engineering at first since I wanted economics. But my parents want me to be an engineer. I gave it a try and I liked it. Maybe you have to give it a try who knows you might find a reason to love it too.' Kong's gave Arthit a brief glance that the senior stepped on his foot under the table.

One bashful student asked the Vice President,

'Dr. Yang, does P'Kongpob represent the looks of the engineering department?'

They audience cheered. The VP good naturedly laughed but answered. 'No, he doesn't.'

Disappointed murmurs were heard from the audience.

'What's on the mind of these juniors?' Arthit wondered.

But the VP continued, ' He represents the looks of the entire university. He is the current moon of the university afterall.'

Their eyes widened in delight and gave a standing ovation to the VP.

'N' Kong, you might not come out alive from here.' Tom tapped Kongpobs shoulder and they all laughed.

After the program, they distributed university flyers. Girls and boys were lining up to get from Kong and Tom was like, 'Here guys same flyers!' he offered it to them.

But no, they stayed with Kong. Arthit narrowed his eyes. Kongpob is in his usual princely and charming self as students took photos with him.

' Now you think you're a celebrity.' Arthit mumbled.

Then it seems he noticed something in the gray move in background, when he looked there was nothing.

The next time, he was near the spotlight it seems he heard a clicking sound, he turned but nothing was there. ' Well maybe Im that hungry.'

Yet girls and boys are still swarming Kong. But they needed to leave so they went to say goodbye.

The responses throughout the day are the same. Kong gets swarmed in the 3 schools they visited which annoyed Arthit and amused everybody else.

'Hey Kong'
'Yes PTom.'
'Share some of those charms on us.'
'I don't think we needed to send a delegation. Just you and we can increase our enrolment.'

They all cracked up except Arthit who is silent.

'Don't mind your senior, he's just jealous.'

The two stiffened and turned to Tom.

' Jealous?me?' Arthit clarified.
' Yes because NKongpob gets all the attention. When those students enroll in your faculty, Kong will get credit.'
'Oh.'Arthit sighed.

'Ai'Arthit take a chill pill man.' Nico said.

As they travelled to the seaside province, Kong must have been tired as he fell asleep on Arthit's shoulder. How early was he awake? More than anyone, Kong entertained the most people as they were drawn to him.

He looked down on the sophomore. Recalling everything Kong did for him this morning, the people who admired him today, and add those two who confessed to him, Arthit can't help but whisper, ' Why me, Kong?'

Arthit slipped his hand next to Kong's and intertwined their fingers. Amongst the throngs of people admiring him, he chose me. From all the people vying for his attention, I get to be the one to watch him sleep like this. I may not be able to keep people away from you out in the open, I vow to watch over you now.'

Kong stirred with all the noise in the bus. He felt warmth on his hands then it was gone. It took him several moments to be fully awake, that when he checked his right hand, there was nothing. 'Maybe just a dream.' Kong thought.

'Wipe your drool,' Arthit demanded.
'I do not drool in my sleep, P Arthit.' he countered.
'How sure are you.?'
'Very sure. I drool when I'm awake.' Kong claimed
'Huh?'
'Because I'm drooling over you.' Kong whispered.

Arthit hit him. Kong just laughed.

After dinner, Kong can be found dragging Arthits luggage across the room.

'Kongpob, leave my luggage alone.' Arthit demanded.
'But P it is like a jungle.'Kong whined.
'So? It's my problem.'
'My problem.' Kong insisted
'And why?'
'Because if we are to base it on this morning, I would be the one to get your clothes for you.' Kong explained.

Arthit blushed.

' It's alright P. I don't mind. Just let me arrange.' Kong tenderly assured the older man.

'You know you' re annoying right?' Arthit mocked him.
'You know I can't stand it when something is not in order.' Kong countered.
'And you know I can't stand busybodies.' Arthit reminded him.
'Well, P, you're stuck with me.' Kong challenged the senior who just blushed and didn't contradict him.

Kong gave a triumphant grin as he moved near the senior.

'Stop it.'
'Why P? Am I wrong?' he leaned closer to insinuate himself to the senior's personal space.

Arthit turned away. For some reason, PArthit cannot look at Kong in the eye today. He tried to catch his gaze numerous times but the senior is avoiding him which amused Kong. He bent to steal a peck from his boyfriend.

'Kongpob! He yelled.
'Yes P?'

Overcame with so many emotions crashing to him all at once, Arthit went out of the room with Kong's laughter ringing in the background.