Chapter 43

When Kong entered the Faculty of Engineering cafeteria, people were looking at him strangely. In fact ever since this morning, their co-faculties have been whispering as he was passing by. What is going on?'

Kong then spotted M and Oak in one of the tables so he went to join them. The two looked like they are wordlessly debating with each other.

' You tell him.' M said.
'No you tell him!' Oak countered.
'Oak?' Kong asked.

Oak glared at M then sighed,

'Don't shoot the messenger.' he said dramatically.
'Okay.'
'Are you monitoring on the University forum? Oak asked.
' I don' t like gossip, Oak.' Kong satted.
' Just... just see for yourself.' Oak handed him his phone.

Still puzzled, Kong got the phone. His friends looked so bothered so now he is curious. Kong saw the topic, #VoltxArthit

'What is that?' Kong asked.
'The university is now shipping PVolt and PArthit.' Oak explained.
'And these photos?' Kong asked.
' They were taken this morning..' M anwered.

The photos show PVolt giving food to the seniors. In one of the photos, PVolt can be seen caressing Arthit's back as he is handing out water to him as the senior is apparently choking.

'People are gushing about them.' Oak stated
' Oak do you have to be blunt?' M intervened.
' I doubt he will read the comments. Do not read the co---'

But Kong already opened the thread.

'OMG. PVolt is so caring.'
'I want a fann like PVolt.'
'Baby Arthit so lucky.'
'Good PVolt taking care of our PArthit.'
'I saw them earlier and I wanna donate my uterus to them. Ugh.'
'They are like the perfect pair.' 'Established, mature Volt and cute and so beautiful Arthit'
'Arthit deserves someone take care of him.'

Kong had to take a deep breath after reading some of the comments. Who knows what the other thousands of comments are saying?

'How did these start?' Kong asked.
'I don't know Kong. But PArthit's admirers' surely have got it in their minds that they are together since PVolt was spotted here.' Oak explained.
'It doesn't matter.'
'Huh?'
'I know the truth.'

Kong is not sure though if he is telling them that or he is convincing himself.

That evening, he waited for PArthit but he did not arrive for their dinner Instead, he received a message that PVolt suddenly treated everyone in the hazing team with food.

Soon, the forums were exploding with photos and the head caption of the post  is,

'When Bae has to oversee 170 people but you want to eat with him.'

It shows food being distributed to all freshmen undergoing hazing and the seniors with PVolt.

Kong does not know why he waited for the comments to come in. Why does he have to read these students swoon over PVolt?

Arthit arrived around 8 in the evening.

'Kong..'
'Hmm' Kong looked at PArthit, he wanted to ask him so many auestions. He wanted to hear that the comments were wrong.
'I'm going back to my place now.' Arthit declared.
'It's late., P' Kong said.
'It's just 8 pm.' Arthit said as he check around for his things.
'Can't you stay just tonight?'
'I've stayed here long enough, Kong. It's my turn to host our study session tomorrow and I wouldn't survive my friends if I'm still not there.' Arthit explained.
'I bought you food.'
'I already ate, Kong. Thank you
Lets place it on the refrigerator.' Arthit said.

Arthit saw that Kong is looking at him like he was about to go so far away.

'Are you alright?' Arthit asked in concern. Kong didnt even leave the bed. He was just staring at him.

Kong nodded.
'Kongpob.'

Kong stood up and went near him.

'Be angry with me after this  but just this time, please, PArthit.'

Before Arthit can ask, Kong hugged him real tight. Darn it Im  just going back to my place why is Kong holding me like Im going somewhere far away?

' I know you will miss me too PArthit. So you're welcome.' Kong teased in an attempt to be upbeat.
'What the--' He must be alright if he can flirt like this with him. Arthit thought.

Kong smiled but there is still something in his eyes that makes Arthit uneasy.  Darn why is Kong making it this difficult to leave him? He stayed with him for over  8 days now, actually 12 straight if you count the caravan.

Even after he reached his place, Arthit still has this nagging feeling about the sophomore's stares. Arthit was unable to ponder on them  since he was soon engrossed  with cleaning  his place. What went into my mind when I stayed with Kong that long?Arthit thought as he was coughing with all the dust his place accumulated. ' Can I still go back there? Where Kong the neat freak is cleaning everything? My life would be easier. Teases be damned.' But then the images of his friends teasing him and having so darn good time at his expense was enough to spur Arthit to finish cleaning his place.

The following morning.

Arthit is soooooo late. Why did I decide to clean so late last night?

He was about to ride his bicycle when something horned. It was someone on a big bike, clad in a sleek black rider's outfit, the whole Hollywood- like ensemble. One of the latest models if he can remember what he saw on his date with Kong in the motorbike festival. Arthit looked back, Who is he calling? No one's here.

He pointed at himself.
The rider took off his helmet. It was PVolt.

'Hop on ' he said.
'I got my bike.' he reasoned.
'You're late already. This is faster. Come on.'

Arthit sighed then climbed behind his back as

'Hold me.'
'Im fine.' Arthit just held on the bike's back.
Volt chuckled then drove away.

_---_

Kai noticed that Kong has been staring obsessively at his phone. 

'Kong,'
'Huh?!'
'Are you researching or what?' Kai asked. Kong has been distracted throughout their reseach session.
But his question fell into deaf ears because when Kong's phone blinked, he can't open it fast enough.

'What's with this guy? Is he and Arthit having issues again?'

Kai saw Kong froze.

Then he heard from other students, 'Oh my God!'
'This is so hot.'
'PVolt giving him a ride.'
'That big bike is orgasmic.'
'PVolt is sinfully hot. That rider's outfit is mindblowing'

Kai saw Kong take a deep breath. As if calming himself, gripping his phone tightly.

'Kongpob.'
'What?'
'Give me your phone.'
'What?'
'Hand it here. I don't have time with you having battles with your phone. We aren't going to get anything done here.' he insisted.
'No Kai.' Kong declined sternly.
'Huh?!'
'Im not handing my phone to you.' Kong gave him a challenging stare.

Kai saw Kong clutch his phone closer to him. Since when did Kong obsess over his phone? Several times he heard M and Oak whine that Kongpob should just stop owning a phone since he just forgets it in the dorm or everywhere else anyway.

So, why is Kong holding his phone like a lifeline now?

_--_

Note:

I blame the gloomy weather I woke up to for this chapter.😅