[Arc 4] ch. 31 Her One Condition

Start from the beginning

The king immediately fixed his gaze towards the scribes who were also in the banquet hall. They all flinched when they noticed that the king was looking at them. Some of the crowd followed the king's gaze, while other remained looking at Zariyah.

"Scribes! Record this announcement! From today onwards, I, King Julius Pendragon, would now break and nullify the engagement of Lady Zariyah Silverglaze of the Silverglaze Family and my son, the crown prince, Arthur Pendragon." He announced and everyone heard him loud and clear.

There were gasped and some were very shock, mouth open in aghast, some kitchen wares dropped on the floor, and there was a little commotion happened inside the banquet hall because of what the king announced. They just saw the king lowered himself to abide the young miss of the Silverglaze household's condition.

"Okay! because the poison within their the victims' bodies are amplified by dark magic which disintegrates the soul, I would perform a skill to purify their bodies." Zariyah announced and with just that, all eyes and ears were on her. 

The priests and priestesses who have light attribute couldn't even managed to purify the evil aura and dark magic in the poison. The only thing they can even do was to preserve the souls and made a holy barrier for the poison to not disintegrate and deteriorate the souls of the victims. They couldn't even purify it because of the power evil magic engraved to the poison. How much more was this twelve years old young miss. 

The priests and priestesses doubted the silver haired female because of what she said. And just always, people from Klearione kingdom belittled her.

Zariyah noticed it, even though she wanted to tell the people from the church that she can do it, Zariyah knew it was all futile if she acts without thinking. so she just let them be. She was all bite and not all barks. And she believes in the saying that 'actions speak louder than words'.

Zariyah walked towards where the victims were laid on the mats, all prying eyes followed Zariyah's fluid and graceful movement. Every stepped she made was like a stream of gentle water that flows through the river.

She held power and elegance and it was her best arsenal. When she reached the victims, she closed her eyes and concentrated the Haki within her body. By combining her magic essence and reiatsu she was able to manifest a surge of power surround her figure.

The eyes of the crowd went wide as they saw the silver haired young miss, surrounded by such fearsome power. the people from the church, the ordeals of light were bewildered with the sight they were seeing.

Zariyah's hair turned black and the red reiatsu and her gold color magic essence were fighting for dominance. There was snapping of electricity that they overheard, and the wind picked up as well.

The ground trembled because of what Zariyah's doing. They looked at her with fear and amazement.

"Devour: <<Phantom Eater>>" Zariyah's robotic voice said emotionless as she clasped her fingers and held it in a prayer's gesture.

All at the same time, the bodies of the victims of the poison glowed in golden auras, the crowd were flabbergasted and Zariyah kept on showing a lot for surprise for the night. The crowd eyes widened and small dropped their jaw on the floor, when they saw black energy leaking out from the victims' bodies.

"What's going on?" the king asked the priest who was near him.

"A huge mass of dark energy is forcibly seeping out from the victims' bodies because of the unusual skill, Lady Zariyah is performing, your highness." The priest said and was still shaken because of what he was witnessing.

This was not cleansing, it was purifying! 

Only the high pope and the two high ranked arch bishops can use purification spells, and those lower ranked priests and priestesses can only do cleansing and exorcism. Purification was a more delicate and intricate way of handling demonic energy by restoring the deteriorating soul. It's a complex and more advanced technique that only chosen people can perform.