[ARC 1] ch. 1 Rebirth

i HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY THIS STORY. The chapter is dedicated to my besty. <3

DON'T FORGET TO READ, ENJOY, COMMENT AND VOTE. ^_^

*************************

CHAPTER 1

Darkness.

That's what welcomed me, I don't even know if I am awake or sleeping right now. I can't see a thing around me but I've felt comforted by this kind of darkness. Even when I am still living, the darkness was the only ally I have. In the darkness, no one can see me. No one can judge me and no one can hurt me. I wanted to continue staying here, in this totally mysterious dark abyss. Away from those people who will hurt me.

I guess, this is the after life. And I was loving the comfort of the darkness because of the security and the placate feeling it was giving me, when all of a sudden; I felt a force that was pulling away from this darkness, away from my comfort zone. Away from the haven I considered where I belong to.

After staying in darkness from so long, I then witness a very bright light, enough to blind me. I closed my eyes immediately, I hated the terrible blinding light, that devoured the beautiful darkness I was living, and it took time to adjust my eyesight. When my sight adjusted, I slowly opened my eyes.

Shock.

That was how I felt that time. I am supposed to be dead, but what I saw made a lot of questions ran inside my head, a lots of why and how were flashing inside my mind. Even though my eyesight was kind of blurry I know what I am seeing. Why am I seeing giant people? How did this happen?

I couldn't help myself but to cry because of what I am seeing. Strong gigantic arms were holding me, and a woman who was smiling at me earlier was now humming to calm me down. I wanted to protest, but I think this woman's humming has the ability to calm me down.

I turned around and I saw many people were looking at me with pleasure and joy in their eyes. I opened my mouth and tried to ask them, but an unfamiliar sound came out from my mouth. When they heard me, I could see in their eyes that they were pleased.

That was not the reaction I want to see. I want them to explain to me what was happening. But that's not the only thing that I hate, because instead of answering me, they were the one questioning me instead.

"Oh isn't she the most prettiest?" the middle age woman said, base on what she was wearing, I think she's a maid.

"I know right?" another maid said, but this time, this girl was younger.

I got frustrated, by their boisterous voice that kept on repeating and repeating in my head. They were annoying and I cried because of that.

"Uwaaaah!"

By that moment, I realized something, that's why the people around me were talking as if I am a baby. That's why they were giants surrounding this big room. And that's why all of them were making funny faces now, just to calm me down. The pang of realization was like a bolt of lightning that struck my head.

I just turned into a baby! And I bet this is the legendary reincarnation something that happens in light novel and anime, and like those I read on wattpad stories.

Oh my God!

Why is this happening to me? that was the question that I can't answer. And I was totally clueless of what was going on. Didn't I supposed to meet a god or something and ask for an overpower skills?

Though beggars can't be choosers, but I guess this is a sign that I must continue to live. And this time, I need to live my life to its fullest.

The woman, who was holding me, was humming again. I guess she was my mother. Why did I know? Well, setting aside the fact that she was sitting on the bed cradling me in her arms, she has a presence of calm and tranquility surrounding her, that's making me feel secure. Its screaming of comfort and I felt protective around her.

I looked at my mother and beside her, was another bundle of fabric wrapped around another baby. Holy Molly! I have a twin!

My mother is the most beautiful woman I ever seen. Silver hair, perfectly beautiful brows that defined more her ocean blue eyes, under her magnificent pair of thick wavy eyelashes. Aside from her facial feature, she have a voluptuous body and take note, she just recently delivered two healthy twins.

OMG! Does she even have stretched marks?

I wanted to look at her more and to memorize her beauty, but I was feeling sleepy. She laid me beside my twin.

I was wondering if my twin was a boy or a girl.

"Oh aren't they adorable, milady? Such a handsome baby boy and a beautiful baby girl." The midwife said with excitement and enthusiasm in her voice.

So there's the answer. I have a twin, and it's a boy!

I saw my mother smiled gracefully with a proud expression reflecting in her eyes. She did a great job delivering me and my brother. I was wondering too where could be our father in this crucial moment. I was deep in thoughts but the train of thoughts playing in my mind burst, when my mother's hum reverberated in the room. I was feeling dizzy and I guess this is the effect of being a baby.

*

Lady Anastasia was the duchess of the Klearione Kingdom. She was the wife of Duke Lucas, a powerful and intimidating person in the kingdom. Duke Lucas and Lady Duchess Anastasia were well known individuals because their family holds the strongest military force in the kingdom.

Even though he was married with Lady Anastasia, the intimidating duke doesn't hold feelings for her. The woman was lonely because their married was only a decree from the king. The wedding was a success and it was really needed, so that the power of the Klearione Kingdom would be strengthened.

It was just to gain more power. Even though the Duke hated the idea of being married to the woman he doesn't love, it was different for Lady Anastasia, because she have feelings for her husband. The main reason why Duke Lucas can't reciprocate the lady's feeling was because he already fell in love with his childhood friend.

Lady Anastasia was so desperate to be loved back, and an idea popped in her mind, and that was why she drugged her husband. When Duke Lucas woke up and found himself in a room together with Lady Anastasia both naked, he was disgusted by his wife. His booming shout woke her up. And when Lady Anastasia saw the anger in the duke's eyes, she got scared but she didn't show it to the duke. She gathered her courage and faced the consequences.

The duke was so furious and told Lady Anastasia that he will never ever love her no matter how much she do. He told her, that she was a disgusting woman and low for what she did, and that she was like a cheap prostitute from the nearby brothel. What the duke said broke her heart into millions of pieces.

He left lady Anastasia crying that day. Not long after, the duchess learned that she was pregnant. She was very happy for the blessing she have received. Even though, her husband left her to marry her concubine, lady Emerald. Lady Anastasia was still happy because she was carrying Duke Lucas children. When Duke Lucas married his concubine took a hard blow on her.

During lady Anastasia's pregnancy, her husband didn't show up to her. Instead, he was living together with her concubine, Lady Emerald, who was pregnant as well.

Even though polygamy was allowed in their kingdom, she can't digest the thought that her husband was marrying again. She was crying because of it and she was very sad, but arch duchess Anastasia needed to be strong, for her and her soon to be born twins. She doesn't want to be powerless when she deliver and meet her twins. She wants to be strong for them.

The moment Lady Anastasia held in her arms her beautiful daughter and her handsome son, all of the pain and stress she was carrying lightened up. The presence of the babies helped her; she named her beautiful baby daughter 'Zariyah' and the handsome cute little boy was named 'Arwin'.

Duke Lucas having another family was weighing in her shoulder but because she has the twins, Zariyah and Arwin, everything was lightening up. Her daughter and her son were like a ray of sun that shines her life from the darkness.