[Arc 2] ch. 17 Lady Emerald, The Concubine

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE 1K+ READS! I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE VOTES, THE COMMENTS AND THE READS. IT BOOSTED MY MORAL TO CONTINUE TO WRITE. YOU ALL ARE THE SOURCE OF MY INSPIRATION.

THANK YOU FOR BEING CONSIDERATE AND LENIENT ABOUT THE GRAMMAR AND TYPOS. 

I AM SO HAPPY BECAUSE ALL OF YOU SPARE SOME TIME TO READ THIS AND ENJOYING IT AT THE SAME TIME. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

THIS CHAPTER IS THE PRELUDE FOR THE REAL ADVENTURE OF OUR BEAUTIFUL MAIN CHARACTER. <3

**************************

Chapter 17

The transactions with guild master of the merchant guild were a success. Not only the chocolate was sold out but he also bought the marshmallow and appraised the beauty products. It was such an amazing and productive day for me and Shouto. After all the discussions and advices the master gave me, I started to plan to open up a business here in the capital and in other kingdom.

Shouto was happy when he noticed that I was excited about all of these and I am looking forward to travel the other kingdoms to be a merchant slash adventurer slash clan supreme commander and leader. Just thinking about the yokai matters make my head ache.

After that, we decided to go home, tomorrow's the big day and I need to have the best rest, for the crown prince's birthday and our engagement. I need to be beautiful as well so that no one would take lightly of me of receiving the title 'Princess'.

Even thought the crown prince Arthur was a blockhead, a crazy psycho and demon hunger, he was still undoubtedly one of the most handsome guys I ever met. His face doesn't suit his attitude. Just like that Arch Duke Lucas, he was handsome yet under that good looking face hides his ugly attitude.

When we arrived at the mansion, it was surprisingly silent. I wonder what was happening since there was a heavy and gloomy vibe emanating in this mansion. Wanted to feed my curiosity, Shouto and I made our way inside. My eyes immediately found four familiar figures chatting on the living room.

So now I know who the reason for such gloomy atmosphere was.

"Daddy! Did you know Luna and I misses you so much!" a high pitched girly voice said it with joy in her voice.

The young lady, who was the same age as me hugged Lucas and another girl followed the other sibling. Lucas and Lady Emerald chuckled at the stupid antics of their two daughters.

"I missed my little angels as well." Lucas stated with joy and love in his words. "This three days were a stress to me. But now that my family is here, all the stress has now disappeared."

So Arwin, Mother and I were stress to him, huh.

I would be a hypocrite if I said what I had heard never had an impact in me, on the contrary it made a huge blow to me. even though my demeanor now was cold, still deep in the pits of my stomach there was a scrunching sensation I was feeling.

The way he treated his two daughters from Lady Emerald, were as if they were his fragile possession. That he will protect them if someone would dare to snatch them away from him.

Lady Emerald held happiness and joy in her eyes as she looked at her family. I wanted mother to be happy together with my father, but this home wreaker took that happiness away from mother. She also took away our right to have a father. if she just rejected the marriage offered by my father and never entertain him, Arch Duke Lucas should be on our side and our family will be never be this complicated.

It was her and our father's poisonous love that hurt a lot of people around them. I will never let them continue to torment us. They turned me to this ruthless lady and I will definitely do all the things that is in my power to let them feel my wrath.